Adding a top level video category? Possible?
I have a bunch of concert video and music documentaries I'd like to put in it's own root category of video, and not in movies or TV. Is this possible?

Thanks much.
You can put them in their own folder.... and add them separately as a video source.
XBMC puts all videos and movies into the one library. Once scraped it should be a
simple matter to make a playlist with the rule based on path, save as a favourite and
link to a custom home page button. Note: these same files will be available through
the library function and video file mode as a folder.

Not quite what you had in mind? Check out 'Nodes' in the new Frodo; it might offer
exactly what you're looking for.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Custom_Video_Nodes
Perfect! Thank you.
Pretty much saying the exact thing as PatK, make smart playlists. The way I do it with my concerts is I have a smart playlist for my concerts - I don't use the path option, I just tell the playlist what to include (I just don't like having a ton of folders on my NAS). Then I have a smart playlist for all movies called "Movies". Simply deselect the Movies category that is default with the skin I'm using (Aeon Nox) and add my smart playlist "Movies" and my other smart playlist "Concerts" to the main title bar. This way my concerts don't show up in my Movies category - I do this for Holiday films as well. Hope this helps.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding a top level video category? Possible?0