Timing problem: slideshow too fast and jerky, text scrolling not smooth
Hi,

I installed XBMC 11.0 on a Debian Squeeze (i386 arch), using Marillat packages at www.deb-multimedia.org. I experience a very strange problem related to timing. The main symptom is pictures slideshow which does not respect the delay I set: it is too quick and the actual delay is not very consistent, but it fluctuates.

If I set the slideshow pan/zoom option, the effect is horrible, with zoom and pan going jerky.

Also the RSS text in the main screen is very irritating, scrolling in a very jerky mode.

I see this web page mentioning the same problem, but with no answer:
http://www.pcmediacenter.com.au/forum/to...g-in-eden/

My mainboard is an ASUSTeK E35M1-I DELUXE with an AMD E-350 Processor, the video card is ATI Technologies Inc Device 9802, using the non-free fglrx-driver driver.

Any hints for a solution? Thanks!
Hi, finally I found the fix for this problem!

In SystemSystemVideo outputVertical blank sync I set Always enabled instead of Let driver choose. This fixed all the timing problem. Don't have the rationale of it, but it works!
Hi Niccolo

I had exactly the same problem and your post helped me solve it - Thanks very much!
I'm using a P4 dual core 3.0GHz machine with an ATI HD5450 screencard for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS with XBMC 11 for home entertainment.

Regards

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Timing problem: slideshow too fast and jerky, text scrolling not smooth0