XBMC with MCE remote: key override by XBMC
Hi,

I am using MCE remote with XBMC which works fine for all functions. My env is windows 7 64 bit on intel quad core. I recently installed a toddler lock application in windows to lock keyboard and mouse with a key or combination of keys and unlock with another combination. Was able to map it to MCE remote button too. However, when the focus is in XBMC window, the key combination does not work. This happens even when focus moves back to desktop or even after quitting XBMC. Is there a way to fix it?

Thanks
You'll need to provide more information:
  • Which brand and model of remote control?
  • Which key combinations used to lock/unlock?
  • Which buttons on remote mapped to those key combinations?
  • How did you map the remote buttons to those key combinations?
  • After exiting XBMC, did you verify that your toddler locking application was still running and active?
It's I think a Philips remote, rebranded as Lenovo. I bought it from Ebay.

I use the red button on remote control that sends keypress 'Ctrl-Alt-1'. I did that by choosing properties from desktop shortcut icon of the program (kid key lock). Also tried AutoHotKey. Both methods work fine until XBMC is started. Pressing these keys from keyboard works fine too i.e. the application is activated.

While XBMC is on, I am not able to activate the application anymore, so it is not really running. That's what I am trying to solve. It needs to run if I press the key. With XBMC on, even keyboard 'Ctrl-Alt-1' does not work. It seems XBMC hijacks the keys and it no longer passes it to the windows OS. I do not know if that's the right conclusion.

Thanks

The problem seems to be partly solved when I installed Frodo alpha 5 (and perhaps because I no longer have MCEremote add on). Now the keys are sent in a way that the lock is activated when XBMC is out of focus. However, when XBMC is in focus, it seems to hijack the event and it no longer works. Also key press is now buggy. Sometimes, merely pressing '1' on keyboard activates the lock which means 'Alt-Ctrl' seems to be stuck at times.

I will post this perhaps to AutoHotKey forum for further follow up.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC with MCE remote: key override by XBMC0