Win Computer Shuts Down
I need help with a problem I've got. I'm not even sure if it's a XBMC problem or the hardware, but I only use the computer for XBMC. Sometimes the computer will randomly shut down on it's own. There isn't any warning or a shutdown screen, it's just on one second and the screen is black on the computer is off the next. Lately it has started happening to me 2 or 3 times a day. It hasn't done it while watching a movie, usually it's just sitting on the menu screen. It has done it while listening to music, though. I have an emachines that is a year or two old with a HD5450 video card in it and Windows 7 64. I'm running the first snapshot build. Any ideas? Could this be something in the software, or is something crapping out in the computer?
need a debug log
I agree with gman3042 you need a proper debug log pasted to http://xbmclogs.com/ and linked back to a message here after one of those crashes. But my suspicion is the log will not show much... clean out the dust bunnies, overheating is the chief suspect ATM.
Overheating can cause this. My office pc used to shutdown abruptly. I found the smps to be too hot and after keeping the case cover removed the smps is found just warm and there is no more shutdown.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Computer Shuts Down0