SRT external subtitles for a DVD (stored as a ISO image) do not show up
Hello.

I am new to XBMC and I have a problem with subtitles. I think the Thread Subject says it all: I view a DVD stored on my harddisk, I enable subtitles, I select an SRT file with the subtitles (Browse for subtitles...), I select the specific subtitle in the list of subtitles (which are now there), and... nothing. Of course, all subtitles from the DVD itself show up properly. Note that when I select one of the internal subtitles and I go back to the menu, that subtitle is still the one selected; when I do the same after selecting the external ones, that subtitle is no longer selected and another one is.

Note, for clarity, that this has nothing to do with the add-on to download them--in fact, I tried also by downloading them with the add-on, it works fine (downloading and saving them in the right place), but still they do not show up.

I have placed the debug log here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=30635 (I hope I did things right, as I see no trace of my opening the SRT file...).

One additional information, though: although I cannot understand what could be the reason for this to be relevant to XBMC, let me add that I have exactly the same issue with VLC (which I normally use as a player on my PCs) and it is not specific to a particular DVD or a particular SRT file....

Thanks in advance for any help!

p.
hi,

you are better off posting in general development section as this is only for addon issues... and since addon is fine we cant help much. Core developers rarely come here Smile
Thanks! I was not sure where to post but then I thought this was the one, sorry!

Will repost there, then.

p.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SRT external subtitles for a DVD (stored as a ISO image) do not show up0