Win System folders from WDTV showing up
I use XBMC on two computers (with central MySQL server on NAS). I also have a WDTV Streaming Media Player. I thought it might be a cheap way to get another media player - not so sure any more!. Anyway, the WDTV creates 2 files next to each movie (with metadata in them) and also a folder with System attributes that it stores yet more information in. A real pain...

Anyway, the WDTV files are not a problem in XBMC - they are not displayed. What IS displayed is the System folder that WDTV generates as often as not. The name is generally of the type ".5 Days of War (2011).backdrop" and has the Archive and System attributes set. In XBMC I have disabled the option to show Hidden and System files. The fact that these are folders, and not files might be the issue, as they are still displayed in Files view in XBMC.

Does anyone know of a way of hiding these folders in XBMC? If I could turn them off on the WDTV I would but so far have not seen a way.
try the <excludefromlisting> option in advancedsettings.xml
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...3Cvideo.3E
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
You need to make an exclusion in C:\Users\your_computer_name\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\advancedsettings.xml the sample uses -trailer to not show or scan.. but I use it to keep extrafanart and extrathumbnail folders hidden with this... <regexp>[-._ \\/]extrafanart|extrathumbs[-._ \\/]</regexp>

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...ttings.xml

<excludefromscan/excludefromlisting>

Contains regular expressions to match filenames or folders which should be excluded from a library scan (except tvshows). This can be for both Video or Audio sections of advancedsettings.xml.

Default excludes:

<video>
<excludefromscan>
<regexp>-trailer</regexp>
<regexp>[!-._ \\/]sample[-._ \\/]</regexp>
</excludefromscan>
</video>
This sounds exactly what I need to implement. I tried finding some examples of the RegEx, but it seems poorly documented in the XBMC specifics.

Could someone help me out here by suggesting an appropriate RegEx expression? I want to exclude ALL folders that begin with a period... ie
".5 Days of War (2011).backdrop"

I tried this
<regexp>[!-._ \\/.\[-._ \\/]</regexp>

but it does not work. Bit lost!
I have the same problem and I can't get rid of these folders. They still appear under XBMC. I would need a little bit more help about this annoying thing.
Any news on this?

Moreover, I can't find any file advancedsettings.xml in my folder! And yes, I looked in "C:\Users\your_computer_name\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\"
(2012-12-29, 03:47)LEDFan Wrote: Moreover, I can't find any file advancedsettings.xml in my folder! And yes, I looked in "C:\Users\your_computer_name\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\"

It doesn't exist until you create it. Smile

Anyone can give me a hint how the regexp for WD TV folders have to look like. I like to get red of these folders in the movie overview.

Thanx,
Moondiver

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
System folders from WDTV showing up0