Program To Create TV SHow Folders Before Ripping DVD?
Hi there. New to XBMC since Friday night, and new to the forums.

Generally I am able to get the answers I need by simply reading the forums and searching google, but not this time. I am ripping my 300+ disc dvd collection to hard drives, keeping the complete dvd structure in tact for each disc rather than separating vobs out for each episode. In doing that I am using the folder structure TV Shows\show name (year)\Season ##\s##e##e##e##e## for tv shows. So far none of the scrapers work for the 3 shows I have ripped so far. XBMC doesn't detect the right show and seasons (may have fixed that), Media Companion does nothing but crash rather than detect. All other scrapers just plan detect nothing.

With all the trouble I am having with scrapers, and the fact I am still ripping discs (have barely complete 5% of the collection), is there a piece of software or website that will auto generate the folders, nfo, thumbnails, and fanart that XBMC will use so all I have to do is rip the discs into the appropriate folders?
(2012-09-11, 01:59)wizzbangca Wrote: Hi there. New to XBMC since Friday night, and new to the forums.

Welcome Smile

(2012-09-11, 01:59)wizzbangca Wrote: (...) is there a piece of software or website that will auto generate the folders, nfo, thumbnails, and fanart that XBMC will use so all I have to do is rip the discs into the appropriate folders?

Not that I know of... Undecided

(2012-09-11, 01:59)wizzbangca Wrote: (...) I am using the folder structure TV Shows\show name (year)\Season ##\s##e##e##e##e## for tv shows.

XBMCs' TheTVDB-scraper should go good with that - although, if it doesn't, just try changing your namings (search the wiki for naming conventions): just use the 'year' within the show's name if you must, you could search for the desired show on thetvdb.com for yourself at first, just to be sure if you need that (like Battlestar Galactica which exists with the same title from different years).
Concerning the DVD filestructure: it'd be much easier if you would just rip your DVDs as iso-files (which XBMC can handle just fine), thus naming the first season's DVD iso corresponding to the episodes it holds.
For me this works like that:
TV Shows\Show name\Season 01\s01e01-02-03-04-05.iso

Bye,
Fry
Kodi v17.6 with shared MariaDB v10.3 | HTS Tvheadend 4.2.6 on RPi2 | running on:
Windows 10x64 | Nvidia Shield | FireTV4k | FireTVStick4 | Android 5 | RPi3 with OSMC
Thanks for the reply. I am turning everything into iso since that works for me too. The scraper doesn't detect the shows. Instead I have to go to each tv show folder individually and have the scraper scrape that show. Now fun, but at least works exactly as i want. Thanks again.

Here's the next road block. I have tv shows that aren't in the tvdb database. No problem, or so I thought. I thought I would export the database to where my physical files are stored to create all the fanart, thumbnail, and nfo files as examples to use for the other shows. XBMC didn't do that when I exported the library. In fact, XBMC didn't tell me where the library was exported to. Even though XBMC said the library was exported, I have no idea where the export files are at. The wiki is about as useful as a broken leg trying to find where the files went to. "2. Open up the XML file in the folder it produces with a text editor. " What folder? Where is the folder supposed to be? Guess who ever writes the wiki doesn't pay attention to missing details.
You should export to separate files.

And may I suggest that you consider to rip thd DVD's to separate MKV files for each episode, much easier to handle in any media solution.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Program To Create TV SHow Folders Before Ripping DVD?1