options?
hey guys,

I've balls up my atv2 and I'm not about to start trying to fix it. The LAN port died for no reason, my xbmc installs seem to fail restoring via itunes doesn't clear the hdd and start again so small install bits are left over all resulting in it crashing and generally not happy....

I'm 99% certain it's my fault.

anyhow, I'm looking (thinking) of installing the crystalbuntu image on my atv2 on usb to see if I get back the functionality that I've lost.

here are my questions.

1 - does the crystalbuntu (lite version with xbmc-live) run ok on atv2?
2 - most of my files are on a windows PC, most are under 4gb and most are 720p or less. Will this be able to handle this?
3 - will I be able to use airplay on my atv2 via xbmc as i would normally from ML?

any help/pointers would be amazing.

thanks for your time,

drinky
(2012-09-11, 16:54)tris_drinkwater Wrote: hey guys,

I've balls up my atv2 and I'm not about to start trying to fix it. The LAN port died for no reason, my xbmc installs seem to fail restoring via itunes doesn't clear the hdd and start again so small install bits are left over all resulting in it crashing and generally not happy....

I'm 99% certain it's my fault.

anyhow, I'm looking (thinking) of installing the crystalbuntu image on my atv2 on usb to see if I get back the functionality that I've lost.

here are my questions.

1 - does the crystalbuntu (lite version with xbmc-live) run ok on atv2?
2 - most of my files are on a windows PC, most are under 4gb and most are 720p or less. Will this be able to handle this?
3 - will I be able to use airplay on my atv2 via xbmc as i would normally from ML?

any help/pointers would be amazing.

thanks for your time,

drinky

Well, in answering your first question , it makes all the others moot. No, you cannot run crystalubuntu on atv 2. That build is for the original atv. The one with the hard drive.
ok, thanks for your reply.

Is there anything similar that I can use on my atv2?

Or maybe even a download link to some saved partitions so I can rebuild the hdd from scratch?

thanks in advance

drinky
nope this is ios. Its the devil apple who controls it mostly - even when jailbroken.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
humm, shame.

So I'm stuck then?

doesn't anyone know of a way to get a factory image so I can do a REAL reset on my atv2? I dont have access to another atv2 so I'm unable to image it.
you cannot image it, images are signed to individual atv2s. fix the restore issue, that's the only way.
If your USB is still being detected thru iTunes you should be able to restore it then use this. http://support.firecore.com/entries/3876...seas0npass

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
options?0