Change FTP Login Information?
Hey everyone,

My media is hosted on a NAS drive at home and I connect to it through FTP. It works great, even streams 1080p over the net (had to bump up my internet by $10/mo to get good enough upload speeds, but well worth it imho), but I recently added a new user (I'm using a Synology drive, and consequently, Synology DSM) purely for xbmc so that my logs would more clearly reflect my usage, with different login information of course. I'm wondering if there's any way I can edit the ftp login information for my media directories (movies & tv shows) so that I'm connecting as this new user without having to re-scan everything. As far as I can tell, the only way to edit anything other than the path is to start from scratch by adding a new source. Does anyone know of another way? It seems to me that being able to change login information should be possible, for the cases in which passwords need to be changed, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Anyone? Sad
Guess not. I would hate to have to re-do my entire library in XBMC, and it seems like there should be a file somewhere in which I can just edit the username/password combo. All of the paths are the same. Maybe I'll have to go digging (I'll probably break something but oh well).
You might be able to use the export method: Export the library as a single XML file (Settings -> Videos -> Video Library) and then open the XML file up in a text editor. Use a find/replace tool to find the old password and replace it with the new password. In your userdata (wiki) folder go into the databases folder and delete all the MyVideos db files (or back them up somewhere just in case). Then go back into XBMC and go back to Settings -> Videos -> Video Library, and reimport the library from the XML file you edited before.
Hey Ned,

Finally got around to trying your method out and it worked perfectly. Had to manually reload a couple of movies for some reason (not too much trouble, only three or four out of 300+) but other than that it seems to have worked perfectly. Thanks for the help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change FTP Login Information?1