Android - G-Box Midnight HTPC

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Votes - 3.67 Average
DroidTV Offline
(2013-05-01 18:02)eltonbs Wrote:  What about Exoon, someone tested it?

EXOON G BOX ANDROID DUO PRO

EXOON Q2 ANDROID

www.xbmcandroidtv.com

Exoon is the rebranded MiniX Neo X5 & G4...
find quote
Exoon Offline
You know there are alot of people who speculate about many boxes but you can get the G Box Midnight with the same firmware that they release from the same factory for right at $40 including the new MX build.

Everything has a brand or re-brand its not like G Box made this unit.

G BOX Midnight goes to Shenzhen Yiyate Technology Co., Ltd.where you can get the same unit and same firm ware for $40 cause it uses a AMLogic chipset which XBMC will only work right with a external player so yo dont get all the addons or elso it will glitch up with any other version of XBMC you try to add on.

AMLogic is becoming obsolete using XBMC so I think this is a way better unit as Exoon uses Rockchip and Samsung processors in their units and its real deal hardware decoding and and acceleration and plays 1080P like lightning. G BOX which is really just the unit from this site

yiyate.en.alibaba.com
find quote
johnnguyen Offline
Video  RE: G-Box Midnight HTPC
i bought the duo pro and it is stable and a very good device. my brother pre ordered two EXOON q2 quad processors. they should arrive next week. exoon phone support was very informative before and after i purchased. the comment from ned scott cracks me up "i hate spam" but "i love free boot leg movies" what an oxymoron . just putting it out there. (i really really hate morons) im sure the movie companies love you streaming their movies for free. isnt that like the pot calling the kettle black. "just putting it out there"
(This post was last modified: 2013-05-05 19:47 by johnnguyen.)
find quote
Exoon Offline
OK you guys wanted to see performance of the EXOON Duo Pro this is all I have to say I have yet to see the G Box do that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frL5McFuMb0
(This post was last modified: 2013-05-05 19:59 by Exoon.)
find quote
johnnguyen Offline
I agree the EXOON Duo Pro from xbmcandroidtv.com streams all my Pay Per View´╗┐ fights and more. no issues no jamming etc.... nice job thank you. mayweather wooped that looser last night.
find quote
Exoon Offline
Rockchip has released its kernel's I think a dual boot is a far better solution.

fromnspaon. And rikomagic did released too.

A port to have ubuntu is already built they are fixing some litte
issues. If we are lucky this week or the next they will be releasing it.

Btw the idea is to release a dual boot rom . That allows tonselect android jb or ubuntu.

Here it is my post with the kernell source.

pandawillforum.com/showthread.php?14248-RK3066-Linux-Kernel-Source-Code-(ug802-and-others)
find quote
j1nx Offline
Fan
So where are the sources for the VPU?
find quote
Exoon Offline
The kernel is booted from nand, but Ubuntu itself is booted from a microSD card or any other mass storage medium.

Here is a screen shot of a teaser that should be launched here in the next few days according to some of the other developers.

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/6946/...203170.jpg

"Thanks guys. The Wifi is starting to work but there are still quite a few small issues to be sorted out. However I am quite confident that I'll have a dual-boot Android/Linux ROM available in a few weeks, for the UG802 / MK808 /MK806 and other RK3066 based devices."

http://tabletrepublic.com/forum/android-...-3173.html
(This post was last modified: 2013-05-06 02:22 by Exoon.)
find quote
Exoon Offline
Here is some more info for the fellas it looks like EXOON is going to have a dual boot solution this month from the developers mouth to my ears.

http://www.cnx-software.com/2012/11/04/r...z2C8Zci1yz
find quote
j1nx Offline
Fan
(2013-05-06 09:29)Exoon Wrote:  Here is some more info for the fellas it looks like EXOON is going to have a dual boot solution this month from the developers mouth to my ears.

http://www.cnx-software.com/2012/11/04/r...z2C8Zci1yz

Look like Jean-Luc has some troubles as it is blocked because of SPAM?

Anyway, like I said, what about the VPU?

Picuntu is available for the Rockchip for a while now, the latest desktop version works OK including GPU acc. but up till now I have not heard of VPU acc.

So what is the point then in relation of XBMC?

If you say, that you have managed to get the VPU going, than congratz, will await the source push. Will it be on a Git server?
find quote
ciquta Offline
How is the g-box performing under linux?

Like Pivos or worse?
find quote
mockingbirdblue Offline
same with j1nx \ davilla work
find quote
sevenofone Offline
(2013-03-28 11:50)j1nx Wrote:  There are no clones in China box land. They all roll out of the same factory.

One sell it as GBox Midnight, another as Smart TV M6, etc.

There are however three revisions of the hardware (2.1 / 2.1 / 2.2), but all three are supported. Changes between them are to use an external clock for LAN and some cut downs in the cost, such as soldering the SoC board straight onto the main board instead of using "expensive" headers.

Ok, so I've got one winging its way to me and I'm going to put your beta 2 Linux build on it. Any easy way to identify the revision so as to get the correct version?
find quote
Swindiff Offline
with the j1nx firmware installed us it possible to move the user data folder to the sd card?
find quote
eskro Offline
Posting Freak
one can get a YW9300 (same hardware as Exoon Q2) for only $142
here --> http://w2comp.com/detail.asp?catid=74585&Pdtid=700200
find quote