Getting weird "files" in the "Movies" section of my XBMC
I have searched here and on the internet for this and have not found anything concerning this. I have been using XBMC for about a year now. A while back I shuffled around some external hard drives with my movies on them and went into XBMC to rework the sources to match this movement. Nothing major but after I deleted the changed sources and added the new sources I am getting a bunch of weird "files" showing up in the "Videos-Movies" section of my XBMC. They are not showing up in the "Videos-Files" section, only in the "Videos-Movies" section. I am getting "files" entitled "0 minutes" that when I click on it I see a white dancing bear for a few seconds then it goes back to the movie list, some show a white screen when I click on the "file" then goes back to the movie list (these do not have a title), some named "2011 0000" that do nothing, some named "2010 AOL TRAVEL", some named "30 minutes APPTV", "2002 AUDIOFILE", one says "2002 BABY BOY" that when I click plays a full screen animation with more bears and pastel colors moving across the screen (I'm not making this up!), some say "BACKUP", "1992 BIOGRAPHICS", "CONFIG.SYS", well you get the picture! All kinds of weird titles that I have no idea how they got in there. Again they only show up in the "Videos-Movies" section, not in the "Videos-Files" section. And they are splattered all throughout my movies in alphabetical order. Most of them do nothing when I click them, and some have weird animations. I cannot delete them from my library either. If I try they do not get removed. This has been bugging the crap out of me for a while now. Has anyone else seen this? Is it some kind of scraper problem? I looked in the userdata folder and the db files but I am not sure how to access those and look to see if these can be removed from there. Any help would be greatly appreciated. There may be an easy fix for this but I'm just not that familiar with the ins and outs of XBMC. Thanks.
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Bring up the context menu for some of these items and select "Movie information" and see what the Path information shows. Make a note of these paths/files and drop out of XBMC and use your Windows file manager to see if these paths and files exist. This may give you a better idea of where those library entries came from.

If those files are not found in the specified paths, restart XBMC and try: System/Settings > Video > Library > Clean library... and see if this gets rid of those entries.
Thx for the reply artrafael. I went into the movie info and a few of the paths I could track on my desktop. Some of them came from a DVDMaker folder that I have never used before. Most of the files were windows files that I could not track on my desktop. I did the clean library but it did not remove any of the files. How on earth did all this junk get into my XBMC? I don't have any sources pointing to this stuff. Everything was fine until I went to delete and add a few sources and all of a sudden all this junk appeared. At this point I am thinking about uninstalling XBMC then reinstalling and just starting over. But I was hoping there was an easier way because I have a lot of movies in my XBMC. Well, really no big deal...except for more wasted time! I am just completely baffled as to how this stuff got in there with no sources pointing to any of it. Can you offer a possible explanation for this? Thx again.
Perhaps you defined your entire C:\ drive as a media source? Check your sources.xml file in your userdata (wiki) directory and see what the paths are for your media source(s).

You don't need to reinstall XBMC. Just delete the aforementioned sources.xml file and rename or delete your database file as explained in this post. Restart XBMC and re-add your media source(s), making sure to specify the path(s) where you actually have your media files. Rescan your library and, hopefully, you should be good to go.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Getting weird "files" in the "Movies" section of my XBMC0