Weird experience with passthrough audio
I have 1 show, all episodes, new and old, which doesn't seem to work through passthrough audio as I understand it. The TV volume barely impacts it, so I always have to use XBMC volume controls. Its the only show this way. TV volume can be 1 or 5, show volume is the same. Other shows work normally, some have passthrough audio so no XBMC volume controls, others don't have it, so I can use both (TV and XBMC), but usually the TV volume works. Is there something I can look for/change to see what is different about this show?
It depends on the audio codec and your audio settings in xbmc. May be the audio is in aac format which your tv is unable to decode.
Whats the best way to identify the codec? Are there any settings in XBMC that I could change to help with this?
In xbmc movie lirary mode, you can see what is the audio codec, number of channels etc. or use mediainfotool
MediaInfo - great tool
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Or hit O while the video is playing and the codec should be listed under audio.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weird experience with passthrough audio0