Linux What's XBMC Stand for!
Hi guys,

New to XMBC, just installed and used it on my RaspberryPi and am V E R Y impressed.

For those not aware the RaspberryPi is a credit cards sized Linux based computer for under 30 UK pounds.

Curiosity, what does XBMC stand for, I assume the MC is media Centre. Is the XB something to do with Xbox.

Geffers
(2012-09-12, 13:12)geffers Wrote: Hi guys,

New to XMBC, just installed and used it on my RaspberryPi and am V E R Y impressed.

For those not aware the RaspberryPi is a credit cards sized Linux based computer for under 30 UK pounds.
Not really new news

Quote:Curiosity, what does XBMC stand for, I assume the MC is media Centre. Is the XB something to do with Xbox.

Geffers

It used too.
Now it's just XBMC and it's not an abreviation of anything.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-09-12, 13:15)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-09-12, 13:12)geffers Wrote: New to XMBC, just installed and used it on my RaspberryPi and am V E R Y impressed.

Not really new news

Quote:Curiosity, what does XBMC stand for, I assume the MC is media Centre. Is the XB something to do with Xbox.

Geffers

It used too.
Now it's just XBMC and it's not an abreviation of anything.

Maybe not NEW news but it is amazing how many people have not heard of it despite the media coverage.

Guessed it might be connected with the name Xbox.

Cheers,

Geffers

I thought XBMC stood for xcellent bloody media centre Big Grin
It was even once XBMP: History of XBMC (wiki)
(2012-09-12, 14:42)prawnee Wrote: I thought XBMC stood for xcellent bloody media centre Big Grin

THAT one I like Big Grin

Geffers

(2012-09-12, 16:45)Ned Scott Wrote: It was even once XBMP: History of XBMC (wiki)

That was interesting, it is nice to know the history of how things evolved.

Geffers

X Brand Media Centre

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What's XBMC Stand for!1