how to differentiate between 2D and 3D?
Anyone know the best way I can get my Movies to show which films are 3D when browsing?
A lot of films I have 2D and 3D versions of and there's no way to tell when browsing at the moment, it just shows both identically, the filenames all have "3D" after the year.

Any help appreciated
Some skins support an extra media flag in the GUI when you add something like "3D" to the file name (exact file name addition depends on the skin). I can't think of any off hand since I don't have any 3D movies, but I'm sure someone will be able to recommend a few.
Any way to do it on the default skin? (I've not liked any others)
maybe an XML or JPG would help?
There are multiple ways to do it, depending on what version of XBMC you're using:

1) Use a skin that supports showing flags for movies with "3D" or "BD3D" in their filenames
2) Smart Playlist that filters by "File contains 3D" (requires you to put 3D in the name of each such file)
3) Smart Playlist that filters by "Path contains 3D" (easiest to create a new source just for 3D movies and have it's main directory have 3D in it's name, ex: d:\3D movies\).
4) Assign "3D" as a genre to the movies, this requires you to either edit the .nfo for each movie or use an add-on
5) Nightly builds have a new feature called Tags, which is very suitable for tagging 3D movies
6) I don't think this has been added to the nightly builds yet, but there will soon be support for custom video nodes which should be very suitable for separating 2D and 3D movies.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to differentiate between 2D and 3D?0