Win Installing Eden v11 over Pre-Frodo Alpha Build
Hello,

I was testing the Alpha 4 Pre-Frodo snapshot build on my main production environment or my actual home theater machine instead of a sandbox setup. In order to check various features, I have now build my complete library of around 2000+ movies all correctly imported and scraped from the internet, with all fanart extras and additional information. I did setup this pre-frodo with my desired configuration (for example, my youtube login, add-ons, subtitle downloads, music lyrics addon and so on).

Now I am thinking of installing the current stable Eden build on the same machine, but dont want to lose the current library scraped completely and doing the hassle of checking library again (yeah i know i can do import/export but that has usually not been very successful with me with a lot of fanart supposedly exported from a prior build does not show up properly in the newer build) .

So my questions are the following :

1. Would the usual way to save the the userdata folder and the XBMC configuration from the current pre-frodo snapshot, uninstalling the pre-frodo completely, installing Eden from scratch and restoring the folders saved earlier work completely flawless. Its like downgrading the XBMC to a stable build , but using the library and userdata folder from the advanced snapshot build. If not then any ideas to make it work.

2. Just on a side note if I want to move on Alpha 5 snapshot recently released, then would I need to completely uninstall the current Alpha 4 pre-Frodo (and saving the userdata folder for later restoration) or can I simply install the Alpha 5 build over the current installation of Alpha 4 and things would be updated to a better bugfixed version.

3. Does the userdata folder contains only the library database, or does it also has the XBMC settings and user specific program configuration.

Thanks for your replies.
Think i would try to run Eden in portable mode and see how much gets imported.
You can just put Alpha 5 on top of Alpha 4. If it fails you can always re-install.
Because the userdata folder has everything. Just make a copy first.

If you want to experiment, make a backup. It is really that simple...
Then enjoy breaking your setup. Afterwards put the backup, back in it's place.
I prefer exporting to single files in my media directories, btw.

Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
Have tried simply backing up the user data folder from the alpha 5 prefrodo and then replacing it in the userdata folder on an Eden installation, but it apparently does not work this easy.

The video database in both the versions is different and named differently as well, 60 vs 68.

So is there any other way to make the intended happen.
Only by exporting the database to an xml file
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installing Eden v11 over Pre-Frodo Alpha Build0