Best prebuilt PC's for xbmc
I know this is a subject that had been beaten to a pulp, but I would like to know everyones suggestions and a pro/con list for prebuilt computers for xbmc. I know a scratch built is exactly what you would want in a htpc, but with a crazy work schedule, 4 kids, and a budget, I don't have the time to build my own and tweak it the way necessary to run xbmc.

So I'm looking for, if I were to buy a prebuilt pc for my bedroom. What should I go for keeping 1080p, hdmi video/sound to my TV Netflix, play almost any file type from my home network, and budget? Or is that a pipedream? Thanks guys!
Barebones or with OS / XBMC already installed?
Just got my Barbones from Dougie...could not be happier!!!
For $469, you can have a powerful Intel i5 PC- H520s Desktop Computer.....it's a very small form factor PC, which mean that it is smaller than most Micro-ATX case.....

It'll be ready for XBMC out of the box.....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I guess I don't know, probably something with an os with xbmc loaded? I'm not to sure what my best solution is.
Didn't you just ask this question 4 hours ago in another thread?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=140432
(2012-09-13, 23:11)jakedietz Wrote: I guess I don't know, probably something with an os with xbmc loaded? I'm not to sure what my best solution is.
It take very little time (maybe 10 minutes off your busy schedule) to install XBMC and configuring it.....oh by the way, I have more kids than you...
Yeah I didn't mean having a system with xbmc preloaded, I am fully capable of that, I meant as oppose to a Linux system with xbmc as the OS. I did ask a similar question earlier but my question then was suggestions for building my own. After thinking it over I was hoping to hear if anyone had any suggestions to a already built PC that I could load xbmc onto. That would eliminate having to source out all the parts, ensure compatibly, buy an os, and configure everything. Just hoping someone may have an idea.
Some HTPC barebones and fully built HTPC suggestions:

Barebones: http://www.ecosmartpc.com/ei5g530.html or http://www.ecosmartpc.com/ei5a63500.html
Fully built HTPC: http://assassinhtpc.com/

You'll find a customized build isn't as expensive as you think and it'll be geared towards and look like an HTPC not like you stuck a desktop next to your TV.
(2012-09-14, 00:53)jakedietz Wrote: Yeah I didn't mean having a system with xbmc preloaded, I am fully capable of that, I meant as oppose to a Linux system with xbmc as the OS. I did ask a similar question earlier but my question then was suggestions for building my own. After thinking it over I was hoping to hear if anyone had any suggestions to a already built PC that I could load xbmc onto. That would eliminate having to source out all the parts, ensure compatibly, buy an os, and configure everything. Just hoping someone may have an idea.
As I suggested in the earliest post, this "H520s Desktop Computer" PC will be ready for XBMC out of the box. Another word, all the hardwares and softwares are installed in it. You'll not find another fully loaded Intel i5 PC at this price. It is very tiny "less than one foot high by less than four inches wide". You can simply remove it from the box, and do as following-

-Connects it to your system this way- Lenovo HDMI output to AVR HDMI input, and then AVR HDMI output to HDTV HDMI input via two HDMI cables
-Connects keyboard/mouse
-Power up
-Update Windows using Windows Update option
-Update the latest Intel driver from here- Automatically identify and find drivers
-Install XBMC from here- XBMC 11.0 Windows
-Select HDMI audio output in Windows 7 control panel/hardware and sound/sound, and select HDMI audio output and WASAPI in XBMC system/settings/system/audio output
-Pop in the movie, and enjoy it.....

If your AVR is capable of bitstreaming HD audio, you can use the instruction in this thread to configure it- Windows How to Bitstreaming using XBMC.........

Thank you guys! That is extremely simple! I really appreciate the suggestions!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best prebuilt PC's for xbmc0