Music Library Scan adding all radio stations from Radio, NPR stories, etc
Hello,

I have been having a re-occuring problem with my XBMC crashing (always when the wife is using it of course... now she doesnt think I am the technical geniusI made myself out to be...) I have noticed that it seems to be related to updates of the music library. I have these music addons: Radio, MTV Videos, VEVO, NPR and TWIT. When the XBMC goes to scan my music folders and look for new content it tries to scan these addons as well. There is nothing there I want in my library and it tends to make the XBMC crash. How can I exclude these addons from my library scan?

Thanks in advance

Jason
Add-ons in the past have been the source of some issues... they're magic when they work, black magic when they don't.

I don't know how you included your add-ons in your source, the trick is to make sure your media source is in a folder/drive all on it's own, so when you add a media source it's just for that single folder or drive. Best suggestion would be to export your music library to separate files, then move all your 'real' music and sub folders into a folder called 'Music', then clean the music library; when you add source a local scrape will bring everything back quickly with the new path...

Should this not fix the issue.... then your add-ons are a real pain, disable them all and add them back one by one...testing as you go to see which is the one that needs your attention... and post in the add-on forum of the same name.

Failing that...http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Library Scan adding all radio stations from Radio, NPR stories, etc0