Manually added images glitch?
I often will change the fanart or thumb for an addon or items in advanced launcher etc, by manually adding the artwork I want to the proper folders. This flexibility is part of what makes XBMC awesome. I have a problem every so often though where I replace the appropriate image with the one I want, but the old one still shows up. When this happens though, it is only temporary (unless I put the image in the wrong place). Sometimes it takes as long as a week, but one day I turn on the HTPC and all of a sudden the image I want is there.

Is there a cache of images I can clear or something so I can make these images appear as soon as I replace them? I am not sure what's going on here.
The covers are cached in advance as you tear through the listings... Changing the image by using refresh, the image change should be immediate once you've picked the image, forced inside the library, OTH when added as movie_name.tbn, but manually adding artwork without a local refresh and forcing the new image, it might take a while for the library to re-pick it up as needed on an update.
Sorry, I am a bit confused by your wording Pat. Are you saying there is no way to refresh other than just waiting?
I did find this link : http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Thumbnails/Cache
At the very bottom of that page there seems to be a solution to my problem, but I can't understand exactly what it's asking me to do.
OK. I just got a little nutty and deleted my "textures6.db" file and restarted XBMC. All the images I added showed up instantly. I would warn people out there that I think it only worked because I keep all my info and images locally. If anyone has any insight on this please let me know. For instance, is it safe to do this on a regular basis?
I suppose you can do this on a regular basis, although it's kinda redundant. What I was trying to get you to do was using the 'extras' or 'refresh' locally in the information screen (of the movie in focus) to force the new image into the library manually by picking new artwork (you might have to path browse for it) and the results should immediately be seen. The faq page you listed at the bottom is referencing files on a server, but in general caching works as the faq explains.

Sorry for any misunderstandings.
Thanks for the help. I'm glad I could not only solve my problem, but also learn something along the way. XBMC is a great piece of software, but the community has been very helpful to me every step of the way, which is the biggest plus.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Manually added images glitch?1