• 10(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
(2012-10-10, 13:23)gimli Wrote: It is just a matter of time until other distributions will pick up scaling.

Maybe so, but is there any reason not to give end users the choice of disabling scaling? What problem is it solving on the Pi?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Just noticed that enabling debug logging is no longer an option in Settings -> System -> Debugging.

Adding <loglevel>DEBUG</loglevel> in advancedsettings.xml hasn't enabled debug information, what's the correct option please as I'm assuming I'm now doing it wrong!
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2012-10-10, 14:27)MilhouseVH Wrote: Just noticed that enabling debug logging is no longer an option in Settings -> System -> Debugging.

Adding <loglevel>DEBUG</loglevel> in advancedsettings.xml hasn't enabled debug information, what's the correct option please as I'm assuming I'm now doing it wrong!

AFAIK:
<advancedsettings>
<loglevel>1</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>

-1 No logging, suppresses all log output
0 Normal logging, only logging errors (Default)
1 Debug logging
2 Debug logging with freemem, fps and cpu usage shown on screen
3 Debug logging with freemem, fps and cpu usage and full smb logging

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Use...oglevel.3E
(2012-10-10, 14:33)fernandovg Wrote: AFAIK:
<advancedsettings>
<loglevel>1</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>

Thanks - that did the trick. Google initially found this Wiki page which I followed, but realise now is somewhat misleading. I've just read the main advancedsettings page and this has the correct info.
If I use the latest versions, and display in 720, 1680*1050 or whatever, it does not show the display very sharp, when using r12029 its all good.
I do hope they will fix this.

Also, has anyone been able to enable livetv with 4therecord addon? it crashes my xbmc on RPI every time (in latest versions).
I'll be not fixed....(sadly)
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1210335
Gimli says:

Quote:No discussion about that decission.

No discussion, no OpenElec.

(2012-10-10, 15:41)rbej Wrote: Gimli says:

Quote:No discussion about that decission.

No discussion, no OpenElec.

It's not related to OpenElec but to XBMC. When RaspBMC/Xbian picks up the XBMC changes you'll see the change there aswell.
OpenElec=Pure Xbmc

Raspbmc and Xbian = Xbmc+own hacks.

(2012-10-10, 18:51)rbej Wrote: OpenElec=Pure Xbmc

Raspbmc and Xbian = Xbmc+own hacks.

Then report problems there and not here.
There is only one problem. You do not listen to opinions of other users. Users do not want to 1080p upscaling (only true 1080p as r12026) and you avoid discussion said "No discussion about that decission.". This is ridiculous and not very serious.

It's still not clear to me what problem this 720p/1080p upscaling is designed to solve, and why disabling it can't be made a configurable option (even if it's an advanced setting).
Lets make a POLL (Thread poll) to solve this!
how's that sound?
(2012-10-10, 19:29)MilhouseVH Wrote: It's still not clear to me what problem this 720p/1080p upscaling is designed to solve, and why disabling it can't be made a configurable option (even if it's an advanced setting).

As you remember, the GPU memory is limited on the PI. When you take the 128MB split we have 128MB for the GPU. Every Texture we load and display eats memory on the GPU. To save memory we render at 720p and then display at 1080p.
(2012-10-10, 19:27)rbej Wrote: There is only one problem. You do not listen to opinions of other users. Users do not want to 1080p upscaling (only true 1080p as r12026) and you avoid discussion said "No discussion about that decission.". This is ridiculous and not very serious.

You say a technical developer decission is ridiculous ? Do you realy mean that serious ?
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi12