• 1(current)
Intel NUC - Ivy Bridge (3rd Generation CPU)
Intel NUC - Next Unit of Computing

•Intel Celeron or Core i3 or Core i5 vPro Processor support
•2x PCIe* mini slots (1x half-length and 1x full/half-length)
•Support for new mSATA (SSD) card via full-length PCIe mini card
•2x USB 2.0 connectors on back panel
•1x USB 2.0 or 3.0 connector on front panel
•Either Intel® 10/100/1000 Network Connection OR Thunderbolt™ technology connector
•Dual or single HDMI*
•Dual mini DisplayPorts on DC53427HYE and D53427RKE

Some Links:

Intel 3rd Generation Core i5 processor 3427U (soldered down) with active fan heatsink - Intel® NUC Kit DC53427HYE

Intel® Core™ i3 processor (soldered down) - Intel® NUC Kit DC3217IYE

Intel® Core™ i3 3217-U (soldered down) with active heat sink - Intel® NUC Kit DC3217BY

Intel® Celeron™ 847 (soldered down) - Intel® NUC Kit DCCP847DYE

Intel® Driver Update Utility

Intel NUC comparison chart
I want one....Now
19v power supply. Dig it!
drop it to $249 and I'll be interested....maybe
I don't understand why so expensive :S
<250$ is more realistic
Very nice... a bit pricey for my taste though... but still very nice.....
6 months it will be half that price
$400 that includes SSD, memory, windows license and I'm in.
Main HTPC:
Intel e4600 + AMD HD5450 + Antec NSK2480B case + 4gb ddr2 + Earthwatts 430 + 1.5tb Seagate 7200 + XBMC Rapier Qualar Mod Skin + Win7
Office HTPC/Ripper/Server:
AMD x4 635 + GT220 + Antec 300 case + 4gbddr3 + OCZ ModXStream 500 psu + 3x2tb WD green drives + Win7
(2012-09-15, 16:45)Mallet21 Wrote: $400 that includes SSD, memory, windows license and I'm in.

I'm with you on this one. Barebones its sort of on the pricey side. If it came with HD, memory that would be nice.

I guess you are paying for the ability to buy the mobile Intel 'U' BIN part -> can't buy these low power (17w) CPUs and MOBOs elsewhere AFAIK - and the CPU itself is like $230 (or something like that) bin part. I'm sure it'll open the door for lots of OEM and small startups to customize whether for HTPC, signage or other.. I think its about time.. Wish that darn price wasnt so expensive.
Guys, anyone find any info on how powerful this thing is? 1080p, 3D and other stuff shouldn't be a problem, right? Probably enough oomph to keep XBMC fluid too, right?

Also, as far as I can see, no audio outputs, what does one do? I know it has HDMI but components and such are needed.
(2012-09-17, 10:49)Suljo Wrote: Guys, anyone find any info on how powerful this thing is? 1080p, 3D and other stuff shouldn't be a problem, right? Probably enough oomph to keep XBMC fluid too, right?

Also, as far as I can see, no audio outputs, what does one do? I know it has HDMI but components and such are needed.
Search Intel HD4000 iGPU......it can do all the above....Nod

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-09-15, 22:47)hamiltong Wrote: I guess you are paying for the ability to buy the mobile Intel 'U' BIN part -> can't buy these low power (17w) CPUs and MOBOs elsewhere AFAIK - and the CPU itself is like $230 (or something like that) bin part. I'm sure it'll open the door for lots of OEM and small startups to customize whether for HTPC, signage or other.. I think its about time.. Which that darn price wasnt so expensive.

Yes, this. The mobile boards with the embedded CPUs are very expensive.
Even the fan looks like a mobile part.. Just gonna have to wait and see now..
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Ivy Bridge (3rd Generation CPU)24