• 156(current)
Intel NUC - Ivy Bridge (3rd Generation CPU)
Does anyone know where to get wlan antennas that fit straigth for Akasa Newton case? I ordered a pair from ebay, but just noticed that mounting holes should be way much bigger with these.
Odroid C2 running CoreElec
Hello There,
happy new year!
since i had my NUC I3 3217IYE, i directly installed Openelec on its SSD and never access nor viewed the Bios screen.
now i would like to install an Ubuntu distrib on it and i cannot access the BIOS nor install anything from the USB Key.
i tried putting a SD card with the .bio, F2, F7, anything like that but noting happen.
i even removed the SSD, to boot on the USB key, but i keep having the Openelec start screen and not able to do anything.
do you have any idea or tips for helping me?
thank you in advance for your help

Edit: i even did the thing with removing the jumper and putting an USB key with the .dio in it and start the NUC, the only thing i got was the stripped screen with pink & white lines, waited several minutes but nothing happen nor changed.

on the other side, the Openelec still works.
(2015-01-02, 18:52)jayce996 Wrote: Hello There,
happy new year!
since i had my NUC I3 3217IYE, i directly installed Openelec on its SSD and never access nor viewed the Bios screen.
now i would like to install an Ubuntu distrib on it and i cannot access the BIOS nor install anything from the USB Key.
i tried putting a SD card with the .bio, F2, F7, anything like that but noting happen.
i even removed the SSD, to boot on the USB key, but i keep having the Openelec start screen and not able to do anything.
do you have any idea or tips for helping me?
thank you in advance for your help

Edit: i even did the thing with removing the jumper and putting an USB key with the .dio in it and start the NUC, the only thing i got was the stripped screen with pink & white lines, waited several minutes but nothing happen nor changed.

on the other side, the Openelec still works.

Getting into the BIOS is a b*tch on the NUC, I believe it's DEL, but it starts too fast. Once you do get it, I recommend not turning on ALL fast boot options. I have mine set to always try to boot from USB first. Video and general optimization are on, USB is not.
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
Are you sure about the DEL button? i've never seen it in the different posts/sites i've read. what i've heard is F2, F7 & F10.
I'll still give it a try.
in the meantime, yesterday, i chatted with Intel Support, from their point of view, my NUC is broken... a RMA have been opened.
the reason why i wanted to access the BIOS was to go to Windows or Ubuntu in order to have in parallel XBMC & Logitech Media Server, as this is not possible with Openelec.
Knowing that, can i still upgrade to KODI 14 as i've seen that a fresh install is needed or am i stuck here too?
and if this NUC issue is a pain on all models, what other device could i buy in order to reach my needs?
(2015-01-03, 15:51)jayce996 Wrote: Are you sure about the DEL button? i've never seen it in the different posts/sites i've read. what i've heard is F2, F7 & F10.
I'll still give it a try.
in the meantime, yesterday, i chatted with Intel Support, from their point of view, my NUC is broken... a RMA have been opened.
the reason why i wanted to access the BIOS was to go to Windows or Ubuntu in order to have in parallel XBMC & Logitech Media Server, as this is not possible with Openelec.
Knowing that, can i still upgrade to KODI 14 as i've seen that a fresh install is needed or am i stuck here too?
and if this NUC issue is a pain on all models, what other device could i buy in order to reach my needs?

DEL works for me ... which isn't typical for Intel (mostly F10 for Intel desktops and laptops). There is a dualboot option for OpenElec by the way.

You don't have to do a fresh install, you can upgrade Gotham (xbmc) to Helix (kodi) without any issues. OpenElec does a nice job, I must say ... After upgrading, .xbmc gets moved to .kodi, but it creates a .xbmc symlink. Should you have special config depending on .xbmc, it will still work.

but for the dualboot, i still need to be able to boot with a new USB key , right?

And i just did the test with the DEL button... no success. freeze screen during the Openelec boot...
Lms is something you want up all the time, buy a raspberry pi for that task.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
i have already a raspberry hosting squeezeserver, but for some unknown reasons, sometimes i'm unable to sync my players with the server and have to reboot the server, sometimes it's more annoying than useful.
that was the reason why i wanted to switch to a most powerful system
hey all,

I've run into a problem with my NUC model DC3217IYE with windows 8.1 x64. I'm running the NUC through a Pioneer SC-61 receiver and I cannot get all of the encoders to show up for bitstream playback.

I've followed all the advice I can find at the Intel forums and have all the latest drivers for the platform, but it still won't work.

I can get bitstream just fine if I boot into OpenElec though.

Any thoughts?

I used to have no trouble with this with Windows 8 x64.
So if you right click on the volume icon in the corner of your taskbar and select "Playback devices". Pick the one for "Intel® Display Audio" and click "Properties". Then click on the "Supported Formats". You should see something like this:

What does yours show?
this

It's been a while since I've used the Windows version, but do you have WASAPI selected as output device? DirectSound won't work I think. And make sure that under advanced settings of your audio device you allow applications to have exclusive access to your audio device.

Make sure all the drivers are installed including the Intel Management Engine (IME) and Intel graphics drivers
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
(2015-01-11, 23:37)captainzor Wrote: this

http://i.imgur.com/A1pA9ai.png
Hmm... What resolution / refresh rate are you running?
(2015-01-12, 08:26)Raytestrak Wrote: It's been a while since I've used the Windows version, but do you have WASAPI selected as output device? DirectSound won't work I think. And make sure that under advanced settings of your audio device you allow applications to have exclusive access to your audio device.

If I set WASAPI in Kodi it reverts to PCM. If I enable passthru I get no sound at all.

exclusive application access is on, by default.

(2015-01-12, 09:57)scarecrow420 Wrote: Make sure all the drivers are installed including the Intel Management Engine (IME) and Intel graphics drivers

They are. I used their update utility and got all the latest for that specific hardware.

(2015-01-12, 14:38)Stereodude Wrote:
(2015-01-11, 23:37)captainzor Wrote: this

http://i.imgur.com/A1pA9ai.png
Hmm... What resolution / refresh rate are you running?

1920x1200@60

Also, and this is really odd and throwing me off, I wanted to test on Windows 7 so I hooked up a newer model NUC D54250WYKH running Windows 7, updated all of it's drivers using the Intel utility, and got the same results. No bitstream encoder support showing up in the audio device properties.

Alas, I know this still works from a hardware standpoint because I can still get bitstream with OpenElec...
  • 156(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Ivy Bridge (3rd Generation CPU)24