XMLTV Epg Grabber
Hi,

WebGrab+Plus is a multisite incremental xmltv grabber which is in use for nearly two years. It's absolutely free and contains no malware.
Since the last version runs in Windows and Linux/Mono it might be a good moment to bring it to the attention of the XBMC users.

The featurelist:

- runs in Windows and Linux /w Mono
- can grab from multiple sites, programmable by user trough a siteini file
- As of August 2012 siteini files available for 126 TV-guide sites worldwide.
- very fast through incremental grabbing (only changed and new shows grabbed)
- Ability to import epg data from (other source) xmltv files and merge that with that of the grabbed data
- programmable through editing commands that enable changing, filtering, adding, moving, removing (parts) and calculating of the xmltv elements.
- support of combi-channels, channels that show programs from different source channels at specific periods of the day.
- support of time-offset channels, channels that only differ from another one through a timeshift.
- Ability to grab from a very wide range of epg structures of the supported html pages. E.g. single-day, multi-day, multi-page single-day, channel-fragmented single-day and many other variants.
- Very flexible url-builder (that builds the url of the index-page) with support day-number, weekday-name, weekday-number, date-string, date-number and sub-pages. HttpWebRequest methods GET and POST, plus header specifications
- support of grabbing of nearly all (25) xmltv elements
- support of grabbing in all languages (that can be represented in a standard character set), including the non alphabetic like Chinese, Russian, Greek, Japanese etc.
- can grab from 1, 2 or 3 html pages (index - , detail - and subdetail page)
- automatic DST (daylight saving time) adaptions
- fair use of site resources through user programmable delays between subsequent channels, index pages and detail pages.
- conforms to the ROBOTS exclusion standard (http://www.robotstxt.org/orig.html) through a screen warning.
- optional MDB postprocessor that automatically grabs additional IMDB data
- optional REX postprocessor that allows re-allocation and merging [/color]of xmltv elements

Download links:
For LINUX:
http://www.servercare.nl/Docs/WebGrab+Pl...1LINUX.rar
For Windows:
http://www.servercare.nl/Docs/WebGrab+PlusV1.1.1MSI.rar
The documentation:
http://www.servercare.nl/Docs/Documentation.V1.1.1.pdf
All the available siteini files:
http://www.servercare.nl/Docs/SiteIni.Pack.11.rar
The list of all available supported TvGuide sites:
http://www.servercare.nl/Docs/SiteIni-List-Pack.11.pdf

For more info and support:
http://www.servercare.nl/Lists/Posts/Vie...aspx?ID=98
WebSite in preparation:
http://www.webgrabplus.com

Many thanks to everyone contributing to the development, especially Alberto and Willy.

WG++Maker ... Jan
Hello Jan!

Nice to see you here too Smile
I have to say, I just started using WebGrab++ and I am very happy with it. The siteini customizations and REX postprocessor allows me to get exactly what I want to show up in XBMC's TVGuide addon Smile

Best regards,
AnarioN
Hi,
How can we use this app to download xmltv files from sites like these: http://tvprofil.net/xmltv/

Thanks
HTPC Server - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Intel QuadCore, 4GB RAM, 4 TB SATA
Intel NUC D54250WYK - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Logitech Harmony 750
Samsung UE8005 | Bluetooth keyboard & mousepad
Hi Maniac,

I have added support for the xmltv feed of tvprofil.net. You can get it @ http://www.servercare.nl/Docs/SiteIni.Pack.11.rar in the Bosnian section. It's tvprofil.net.ini and the channellist tvprofil.net.channels.xml . Maximum of 14 days guide.

An alternative is m.tvprofil.net from the mobile version of the site. It's a two days guide.

WG++Maker .. Jan

Can this be run automated through cron in linux on a headless server ? Would love to have this feature.
-= My Media Centre =-
ACER Revo R3610 | x2 1.5TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drives (WD15EADS) | x2 2.0TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drive ( WD15EARS ) | 3.5in Black eSATA USB Trayless SATA External Hard Drive Enclosure | Emprex 3009URF Wireless MCE Remote Control | XBMCLive Dharma Beta1
Hello WG++Maker,

i have tried to use it on linux, but seems to not work (probably i have make some mistake.

here are the output:

mediacenter@morpheus:~/xbmcscript/WebGrab+PlusV1.1.1LINUX/Documentation$ mono ../exe/WebGrab+Plus.exe /home/mediacenter/xbmcscript/WebGrab+PlusV1.1.1LINUX/

Unhandled Exception: System.TypeLoadException: A type load exception has occurred.
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.TypeLoadException: A type load exception has occurred.

i run it on Ubuntu 12.04 kernel:

uname -a
Linux morpheus 3.2.0-25-generic-pae #40-Ubuntu SMP Wed May 23 22:11:24 UTC 2012 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

thanks
Giovanni
(2012-09-23, 16:40)danz0l Wrote: Can this be run automated through cron in linux on a headless server ? Would love to have this feature.

Hi,
Hi I'm Alberto and I helped Jan in the mono version.
Yes, you can make a cron job on a headless server. It's a console app without GUI. I execute it on a NAS.
(2012-09-27, 14:31)gborri Wrote: Hello WG++Maker,

i have tried to use it on linux, but seems to not work (probably i have make some mistake.

here are the output:

mediacenter@morpheus:~/xbmcscript/WebGrab+PlusV1.1.1LINUX/Documentation$ mono ../exe/WebGrab+Plus.exe /home/mediacenter/xbmcscript/WebGrab+PlusV1.1.1LINUX/

Unhandled Exception: System.TypeLoadException: A type load exception has occurred.
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.TypeLoadException: A type load exception has occurred.

i run it on Ubuntu 12.04 kernel:

uname -a
Linux morpheus 3.2.0-25-generic-pae #40-Ubuntu SMP Wed May 23 22:11:24 UTC 2012 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

thanks
Giovanni

Hi Giovanni,
What version of mono are you executing?

WebGrab+Plus have been tested with MONO 2.10.8 and 2.11 on Windows 7, Ubuntu 10.04 and Synology ARM NAS.

Hi porzino,

this is the version installed on ubuntu 12.04.

mono -V
Mono JIT compiler version 2.10.8.1 (Debian 2.10.8.1-1ubuntu2.2)
Copyright © 2002-2011 Novell, Inc, Xamarin, Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
TLS: __thread
SIGSEGV: altstack
Notifications: epoll
Architecture: x86
Disabled: none
Misc: softdebug
LLVM: supported, not enabled.
GC: Included Boehm (with typed GC and Parallel Mark)
(2012-09-28, 15:55)gborri Wrote: Hi porzino,

mono -V
Copyright © 2002-2011 Novell, Inc, Xamarin, Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com

Hi gborri,

I have reproduced your problem, but I don't understand why.
I'm using the same mono version on my NAS and ubuntu 10.04 and works great.
I will try to fix the problem.

Thanks
A lot.
Giovanni
(2012-09-28, 21:56)porzino Wrote:

mono -V

Hi gborri,

hello porzino,

have you chance to verify the problem? i can help you testing the software in my environment.

thanks
Giovanni
(2012-10-24, 18:10)gborri Wrote:
(2012-09-28, 21:56)porzino Wrote:

mono -V

Hi gborri,

hello porzino,

have you chance to verify the problem? i can help you testing the software in my environment.

thanks
Giovanni

Hi Giovanni,

I'm working on it, but I can't find exactly where is the problem on the source.
I want test it on another linux distribution with the same mono version. Maybe an ubuntu 12.04 problem? I'm not sure.

Hi

Please can someone help me install this on a windows system. I am from South Africa and our satelite provider is supported. I have unpacked the files and run the bat file. Other than that I am lost. The readme pdf totally confuses me. I am not running a PVR but it would be create to use the xmltv file that is available locally to see what the tv schedule is.

Thanks
(2012-11-06, 11:36)porzino Wrote:
(2012-10-24, 18:10)gborri Wrote:
(2012-09-28, 21:56)porzino Wrote: Hi gborri,

hello porzino,

thanks
Giovanni

Hi Giovanni,

I'm working on it, but I can't find exactly where is the problem on the source.
I want test it on another linux distribution with the same mono version. Maybe an ubuntu 12.04 problem? I'm not sure.

thanks. if i can help you in anyway let me know.

Giovanni
What exactly is this software used for?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XMLTV Epg Grabber1