Frodo Logging
There seems to be a big change in logging in Frodo...

If I disable deblug logging in the GUI, I get a startup log, then:

Code:
</advancedsettings>
15:09:03 T:8736 WARNING: VIDEO database configuration is experimental.
15:09:03 T:8736  NOTICE: Getting hardware information now...
15:09:03 T:8736  NOTICE: Default DVD Player: dvdplayer
15:09:03 T:8736  NOTICE: Default Video Player: dvdplayer
15:09:03 T:8736  NOTICE: Default Audio Player: paplayer
15:09:03 T:8736  NOTICE: Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level -1.

...and then absolutely nothing further.

This is completely different to Eden and even some of the Frodo alphas and I don't get it - it's like the GUI setting is disabling ALL logging, not jsut debug logging.

If I turn n debug logging, the volume is crazy right now with all the addon refcount stuff. I really just want the inbetween level where normal logging occurs (e.g. addon log messages) - but it's no long obvious how to achieve that?

Is this something I've bollocksed or expected behaviour now??
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
can you get us a full Debug Log (at least showing startup and several lines after turning it on)?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
With debug logging off: http://pastebin.com/q7CXAhm1

With debug logging on: http://pastebin.com/q71aEspi

(Just startup, let the weather load, and then stop)

OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
maybe it's due to this commit:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/ee17...fa61a80eff

Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Quite possible - it shouldn't be setting to -1 right? Should be 0 I guess?

Explicitly setting loglevel to 0 in advancedsettings.xml doesn't seem to help either...

Does it only affect win32? I suspect startup order there is different (XBMC_PC.cpp vs xbmc.cpp)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Afraid I only have win32 on Frodo so far...well, and a Pi in a cupboard somewhere...I imagine this will pop up if it affets other platforms though - it's super easy to test! Turn off debug logging, restart xbmc and see what happens!
(2012-09-17, 11:59)jmarshall Wrote: Does it only affect win32? I suspect startup order there is different (XBMC_PC.cpp vs xbmc.cpp)

nope, it's the same on linux as well:
http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=8738
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Just an update - still broken on the latest nightly - it's still either no logging, or total debug logging.

Kinda a hassle for debugging addons...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo Logging0