Local Stream
I am new to XBMC but impressed so far, especially installed on my Raspberry Pi

I am trying to get a local stream working on a media centre box hard drive recorder I have.

It is not (I don't think) a DLNA server but is supposed to be viewable by another identical device.

A scan on the ports suggest only port 80 is being served.

If I enter it's IP address in a browser, eg http://10.19.44.8, I get a list of recorded programs

If I save the Link Location it shows as http://10.19.44.8/recordings/rec0000000004.ts (Obviously numbers increment) and this plays in VLC whilst streaming - I don't have to wait for the file to download.

Any ideas how I could get this working on XBMC would be appreciated.

Geffers
You could try adding a source as an HTTP directory within videos. Add source -> browse -> new network location
(2012-09-16, 18:29)Ned Scott Wrote: You could try adding a source as an HTTP directory within videos. Add source -> browse -> new network location

Shows nothing unfortunately, as briefly mentioned in my original post 10.19.44.8 in my browser lists the recordings, the filepath if I save the recording adds /recordings but if I add that to the IP address I get Server Error 404.

Thanks for suggestion.

Geffers

Odd, this sounds just like the kind of situation HTTP directory sources were made for.

You could try putting the urls into STRM (wiki) files (basically just the url in a text file saved as something.strm). However, with that method you would have to make a new STRM file for each recording, which is probably not what you are looking to do.
(2012-09-17, 00:56)Ned Scott Wrote: Odd, this sounds just like the kind of situation HTTP directory sources were made for.

You could try putting the urls into STRM (wiki) files (basically just the url in a text file saved as something.strm). However, with that method you would have to make a new STRM file for each recording, which is probably not what you are looking to do.

Not exactly but a good suggestion, if I can at least get it to play I might be able to progress from there.

Geffers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Local Stream0