Xbmcbunto Pc not connecting
Lads,help me out here,
I put xbmcbunto on my old pc ,overwriteing windows, but cannot get an internet connection on it.
The IP address part is blank.
Ive tried Eden11,12.04 and openelec
I tried on a different pc and with different hard drives
Its definetly not the connection as Im using a hard wired connection into my router.
Everything installs ok but when it comes to getting online it fails.
Please help.
are you sure its not a bad cable, or it could be an issue of tracking down drivers for your NIC?
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
Do you have an existing PC that can access the Internet via an Ethernet connection? Doesn't matter what OS that computer is running, so long as it has network connectivity. Try booting that computer with a CD or USB flash drive in XBMC "live" mode and see if you have access to the Internet. Since no hardware or cabling changes were made between the time the computer booted up with its native OS and when it booted up with XBMC in "live" mode, this could eliminate hardware/cabling/router settings as a cause of the problem.
Thanks for replies lads,
Im sure its not a cable issue.Strangely,when I put windows back on it it connects straight away.
When I select "Try Ubunto" it has an IP,however if I select to insall it does not see a connection or IP.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmcbunto Pc not connecting0