BT Keyboard: XBMC quits on 's' key
Hi there,

i paired an Apple BT Keyboard with my ATV2 and everything is running fine except one thing: Everytime i press the 's' key, XBMC quits. As the ATV2 version of XBMC does not have a shutdown menu, i think the quit is related to that. I already wiped out everything between the <s></s> string in the keyboard.xml and put it into my userdata/keymaps folder, but the behaviour still occurs. Seems like the keyboard.xml is ignored?

Please do not tell me not to press the s key as sometimes in the dark i just press it by mistake.

xbmc.log
keyboard.xml
18:36:59 T:113541120 INFO: Loading special://masterprofile/keymaps/keyboard.xml
18:36:59 T:113541120 INFO: Loading special://profile/keymaps/keyboard.xml

which one might be the one you changed ?
The one on the pastebin is located in /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/keymaps

I already deleted the one in /private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/system/keymaps but that did not make any difference. I got no problems with the alternative joystick.AppleRemote.xml in my userdata folder, so i dont get where the problem is. Permissions are also correct.
Solved it when assosiating the s key to something else (ContextMenu). Dont know why XBMC still forces the shutdown even when the <s> string is empty.
Perhaps there's some other *.xml file that still has "s" assigned to the Shutdown action? I don't know the inner workings of XBMC, but I suspect "<s></s>" is ignored because no associated action is assigned. Thus, the other assignment (for Shutdown) still applies. When you explicitly assigned "s" to ContextMenu in keyboard.xml, then the other assignment was overridden.
As is said before, i deleted the" master keyboard.xml in the XBMCs install folder and just kept the one i modified. Did not change anything, but i'll give it another try this evening. But with ContextMenu it is also ok as i wont kill XBMC when accidently clicking s Wink
I seem to recall reading that all *.xml files in the keymaps directories are read and processed, so you may have to look in those other files as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BT Keyboard: XBMC quits on 's' key0