newbie questions
1) What is the difference between "scan for new content" and "update library" as they seem to perform the same way?

2) Is it possible to create a infolabel for a movieset? I have a separate nfo for each movie in the set, but I'd like one to represent the whole set so that when the collection thumb is displayed in the list of all movie's there is information displayed. Here's a screen shot showing the available collection and the empty info screen.

Just in case it matters, all of my movies are in separate folders with the main Movies folder. However, each set is in a main collection folder, which a sub folder for each movie in the set.

3) Where is the movieset thumb stored the context menu when you choose "Set Movieset Thumb" from the sets context menu?

Thank you.
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
1) Not a lot of difference, scan for new content can be use to ferret out an new individual episode without an overall update.

2) Not at this time, but that doesn't stop the requests for it... and some hacks exist on some skins. Patience.

3) The movieset thumb if not provided usual is the thumb of the first, but can be manually browsed to anywhere. I generally call it setposter.jpg and stick it with the first of the set, but it could easily be in a folder of thumbsets.

Now that scraping produces boxsets without any effort, I rely less & less on sets and concentrate more effort on smartplaylists with an eye to the upcoming nodes feature http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Custom_Video_Nodes
To expand on what Pat said, for 1 I think "scan for new content" can be used on a per-folder basis (even if "excluded from scan") while "update library" will check all folders that have content set that are not "excluded from scan" in their settings.
Thank you both for your replies.

Regarding item 3 the movieset thumb, I understand how to set it, but I'm assuming that once it is set that XBMC caches it somewhere and was wondering where?
userdata (wiki)/thumbnails/
Wonderful thank you!
What is the proper naming syntax and organization for a Movies' extra features? I've tried several links such as this one, but had no luck.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...he_library

Here's an example:
There's no real way to associate extras in the library right now, and I doubt the scrapers have any metadata for them either.
Thank you for replying Ned.

Since I'm using the Aeon Nox skin I'll post this question in that forum thread in case it's handled by a skin.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
newbie questions0