Help with choosing a remote for xbmc?
I am kind of lost here trying to find out what kind of remote is good for xbmc and total media theater 5 on the cheap side.. not looking to buy a 150 dollar remote just something to navigate and control xbmc... also it needs to work with tmt5 since that is what i use in xbmc to play bluray,s..
any help would be appreciated.
A standard Windows Media remote would do the trick. You can find those cheap, and you can always modify the keymap to do all kinds of things Smile

I'm still using an original xbox remote but it's a pain in the ass to setup and i wouldn't recommend it unless you had one laying around.
Like my post? please up my reputation, it faced the wrath of X3lectric over this post
[HOW-TO][FRODO] Configure XBOX 360 Wireless Controller
[HOW-TO][Frodo] XBOX DVD Remote/Dongle
The Ortek VRC-1100 (wiki) remote is very popular and very inexpensive. In the US, it's available at Amazon among other places. Also available under various brand names worldwide. Check the photos in the links above to help visually identify it.
(2012-09-18, 05:32)ibleedspeed Wrote: I am kind of lost here trying to find out what kind of remote is good for xbmc and total media theater 5 on the cheap side.. not looking to buy a 150 dollar remote just something to navigate and control xbmc... also it needs to work with tmt5 since that is what i use in xbmc to play bluray,s..

Why don't you just get the pulse-eight hdmi-cec adapter. You can control your tv/xbmc with one remote (of your tv) and also create custom keymaps for controlling your bluray software and so on Wink
(2012-09-18, 05:32)ibleedspeed Wrote: I am kind of lost here trying to find out what kind of remote is good for xbmc and total media theater 5 on the cheap side.. not looking to buy a 150 dollar remote just something to navigate and control xbmc... also it needs to work with tmt5 since that is what i use in xbmc to play bluray,s..
OEM HP MCE KIT REMOTE CONTROL/USB IR RECEIVER/EMITTER

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
i just use my tablet since its cheaper and always in the living room anyway.
Hormony One, it can control everything! For example:
  • XBMC
  • WMC
  • TV
  • PS3
  • AV Receiver
  • Fan

I love it!Smile

(2012-09-18, 17:25)Skyhawk Wrote: Hormony One, it can control everything! For example:
  • XBMC
  • WMC
  • TV
  • PS3
  • AV Receiver
  • Fan

I love it!Smile
Not my style....and I sold harmony remote....

I'm old school, and I preferred to have a remote control for each device......it looks cool on my coffee table too....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-09-18, 18:17)bluray Wrote: Not my style....and I sold harmony remote....

I'm old school, and I preferred to have a remote control for each device......it looks cool on my coffee table too....

You really do love your remotes, unfortunately the Hormony doesn't really fit OPs price plan.
Thakyou guys for all your help. i did a lot of research last night on remotes and the harmony option would be nice for one day when i have a lot of components to control.. for now its just a laptop running xbmc with about 7 external hard drives hooked up to it. lol. using my hdtv as a monitor through rgb cable....

its crude but it works for now until my budget allows an htpc. i am quite interested in getting the hdmi cec adapter when that day comes. or maybe flirc. for now im going with a cheap mce remote... thanks guys.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with choosing a remote for xbmc?0