What add-ons do you have installed?
I couldn't find any threads about this.

My question is what add-ons do you have installed? How are your systems setup with regards to add-ons and 3rd party software? I have xbmc installed, movies, tv shows and music libraries setup. What are the must have add-ons that I should look into installing?

Thanks in advance.

Mac
Running Mac,

I came here to find a "Favorite add-on" thread. I think it's a great idea. The descriptions of many of the add ons are pretty vague/thin. It would be great to hear from other users, what they like and why they like the add on. The only thing I have installed is Navi-X and have only launched it twice. While I can see it could be useful, the difficulty of navigating through the streams to find something interesting is very cumbersome.
Since nobody replies, i will kick off Wink
Running win7

Youtube addon
The trailers, for apple movie trailers
Traktr, for using trakt.tv to follow friends movie watching
Artist slideshow for art for music, skin needs to be set up for this
Universal album and artist scraper for music
Aeon mq4 skin
Thank for the reply guys!

I am just curious what cool stuff people are doing with add-ons to make the HTPC/XBMC experience better.

Thanks!
The best way to determine if an add-on is useful to you is to try it and see if you like it. They're (mostly) easy to install and, if you don't like one, easy to uninstall.
A few must-haves, IMO, are:

XBMC subtitles
Artwork Downloader
Artwork Organizer
Universal Scrapers - all of them
Metadata Actors
Tvshow - Next Aired
The ConcertDB
Traktr

Those are all more-or-less utilities. For video add-ons, that's a far more subjective topic, and best left to the individual to decide. But, I currently use:

The Trailers
Hulu
Free Cable
Amazon
Advanced Launcher to use WMC more easily from xbmc.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
I tried artwork downloader and organizer, but it went above my head at that time
Maybe i should retry..
Whats the metadata actors for?
Also traktr is more advanced than trakt Wink
Pretty much everything Bluecop makes is a requirement, especially Amazon.
I'm obviously also a fan of 1Channel =P (not available or supported at xbmc.org)
Universal Scrapers
Artwork Downloader
Xeebo (skin)
Transparency! (skin)
Traktr
Revision3
(2012-09-20, 20:57)Skank Wrote: Whats the metadata actors for?

It adds look-up and cross referencing to actors and directors. Want to see what other movies the actor has been in (or others that you have in your library)? What else has he/she directed? That's what Metadata actors adds to xbmc. Indispensable for me.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Could this be that this is implemented in aeon mq4 skin?
If i press the actor it shows me other movies i have of them... Or will info be more with this addon?
I don't use MQ4, so i don't know. It would add info for ALL movies, not just ones in your library.
(2012-09-20, 22:04)thrak76 Wrote: I don't use MQ4, so i don't know. It would add info for ALL movies, not just ones in your library.

AH, now that is cool. I think XBMC does this for the movies only in your library by default, but having a full list like from IMDB would be sweet. Does the list it provide indicate which movies are in your library by chance? If not, a nice feature add.
(2012-09-20, 22:10)Diggs Wrote:
(2012-09-20, 22:04)thrak76 Wrote: I don't use MQ4, so i don't know. It would add info for ALL movies, not just ones in your library.

AH, now that is cool. I think XBMC does this for the movies only in your library by default, but having a full list like from IMDB would be sweet. Does the list it provide indicate which movies are in your library by chance? If not, a nice feature add.

It does indeed, by way of a highlighted color (at least in Aeon Nox it does).

Just install it. You won't be disappointed.

(2012-09-20, 22:12)thrak76 Wrote:
(2012-09-20, 22:10)Diggs Wrote:

It does indeed, by way of a highlighted color (at least in Aeon Nox it does).

Just install it. You won't be disappointed.

Cool. So its indeed like imdb then.
Its on official repo?
Cause when i search for here.. Im getting smth for skins..
Is this the one?
http://passion-xbmc.org/addons/?Page=Vie...ata.actors

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What add-ons do you have installed?0