XBMC Settings Export
I need to reload my HTPC due to a few issues that I'm having, and things that I need to update. I was wondering if there was a way to export all of my settings from XBMC so that I can just import them into my newly loaded HTPC. I don't have much on the PC, but all of my settings for XBMC will be the most time consuming. I just figured I would ask before moving forward. Thanks.
Backup the folder C:\Users\your username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC
Will this export the database as well? There are changes to movie titles, cover art, etc that I want to keep without doing them all over again. I wasn't sure if this would take care of that, as well as all my settings. I am pretty much doing a MB upgrade on my HTPC and thought I would reload my OS at the same time. I just want to make sure I keep all of my settings.
Yes. It will export database, thumbnails, fan art etc. After installing new os, make sure that the drive name of your movies is same as before. Better option will be to export the movie library from settings>video>library> Export video library. Use 'separate'.
In the programs area of the xbmc repo there is an xbmc backup addon. You can use it to backup and restore your xbmc settings, including the database.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Settings Export0