Hardware, HDMI Buffering Issue?
I've been trying to for over a week to resolve my Bufering and Freeezing issue..I've tried every option imagineable and nothing...I even purchased Assassin's guide and it was really a great help! I've uninstalled\reinstalled xbmc several times as well. I did notice on the "o" option settings I was able to see that my vcpu was running anywhere from 70-100% on certain movies (avatar) but still no freezing connected via VGA. But then....I connected my rig to my plasma via hdmi and whamo...the issue was back. I tried different hdmi cables everything. I'm running a.AMD A6-3500 Llano 2.1GHz (2.4GHz Max Turbo) Socket FM1 65W Triple-Core with 8 GBs of RAM. The only thing I haven't done and I'm going to try tonight is see if the issue occurs with locally played files. My movies are being played from a external 3TB western digital usb 2.0 drive.
Try the steps below.

Note- if you installed Realtek codecs, you can un-install it.....
1. Update the latest AMD driver from here- AMD Driver Autodetect
2. You can start off by disable everything in CCC Video/Quality other than "Enforce Smooth Video Playback" as shown in my screen shot below
3. Enable DXVA2 and select DXVA as Render method and disable everything else in XBMC system/video/playback
4. Enable "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC system/system/video output
5. Select HDMI Audio Output and Audio Output Device DirectSound: Digital Audio (HDMI)......in XBMC system/system/audio output

I playback blu-ray files from multiple USB 2.0 hard drives. I never encounter buffering issue on any of my HTPC's....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Thanks bluray! I will give this a go tonight and report back!
Hey Joe,

A little bit of Googling led me to the following potential solution from another WD HDD user:

http://lochii.nl/how-i-fixed-my-xbmc-vid...l-usb-hdd/

While part of the solution is in another language, I hope you can figure out how it lines up with what you're seeing on your screen.

You could also contact WD directly and ask them how to perform the following steps...

It sounds like your drive might be going to sleep in the middle of playback, which results in buffering to wake the drive back up...

Owen
Thanks owen! I'm take a look at this one also. In my searches I ran across the hard drive going to sleep problem, I actually went into the power settings and told the HDs not to hibernate. Maybe this vid will give me more options.
Okay bluray...I tried everything you mentioned and I actually got some good results. The buffering and freezing was a lot better. But ultimately, it was still there. Avatar was doing it the most so I copied it to my local SSD drive and I had no issues watching the movie, there was no buffering or freezing. So unfortunately I'm starting to think it may be the external drive.
RMAs are a beautiful thing
RMAs are a beautiful thing
Is this a new drive?

That A75 motherboard has eSATA. I'd look into getting an eSATA external drive if you can return the other one. If not, you could think about cracking it and putting it in an eSATA enclosure. YMMV, there.
unfortunately guys its an old drive....had it almost 2 years. It really appears that the drive just can't keep up. I'm gonna check WD for firmware. This is good news for me!!!!
Yes, it's good news that you found the issue. I am happy too!

It also sounds like the perfect excuse to build a NAS/home server Smile
LOL...no firmware...no worries! I actually have a 6TB Synology NAS. I just need to stop being lazy and get my data copied over to it, before something BAD happensWink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hardware, HDMI Buffering Issue?0