Mednafen, OSX Minimize.
Hey all im new to the xbmc scene but not to emulation. I have installed the add-on rom collector to organize and launch my emulator/roms through xbmc, which is working just fine. But I have one little problem I would love to fix... When It launches my emulator (mednafen) xbmc has to minimize (window mode) which can be quite annoying, I then have to quit the emulator which full screens xbmc automatically. Is there a way to run an emulator within xbmc or at the very least not have to deal with the minimizing and closing? I really love the info scraping and organization that xbmc has brought to my emulator but its almost not worth it closing out and re-instating xbmc every time I pick a new game. I have thought about just running a mac front end such as emulaunch but its not an all-in-one and does not scrape metadeta all on its own... Any thoughts for a xbmc rookie?
Rumor has it that Team-XBMC developer garbear is working on something really freaking awesome that will basically allow you to play any emulator that supports libretro inside of XBMC, so that you don't have to deal with minimizing and all that junk. However, it's very early in development and will likely show up sometime after XBMC v12 (Frodo).
(2012-09-20, 23:55)Ned Scott Wrote: Rumor has it that Team-XBMC developer garbear is working on something really freaking awesome that will basically allow you to play any emulator that supports libretro inside of XBMC, so that you don't have to deal with minimizing and all that junk. However, it's very early in development and will likely show up sometime after XBMC v12 (Frodo).

This sounds like a dream, I hope they handle that soon. Anyway I've found a pretty awesome option until then. I'm using my ps3 controller to use xmbc plus to play roms. I found an app called gamepad controller 7.00$ USD that let me control xmbc with it and It let me bind a button on it to auto quit the emulator re-maximizing xmbc with the touch of a button!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mednafen, OSX Minimize.0