How to setup EventGhost to send IR remote signal to XBMC without focus?
I have a dual monitor setup. I want to run XBMC on one using an IR remote and do whatever I want on the other at the same time with a mouse/keyboard without the two interfering with each other.

I have EventGhost running and it's receiving signals properly from my remote, but as of now I can only control XBMC with my remote when I have focus on it. If I click somewhere on my other monitor with the mouse/keyboard, and lose focus on XBMC, the remote controls that instead. I want the remote to just control XBMC at all times regardless of where focus is (first or second monitor).

What exactly needs to be done in EG to make this work? I'm lost in EG trying to figure it out with actions/macros/events/etc. Thanks.
Have a look at my config if that can help (although i use multi apps with my remote) http://www.mediafire.com/view/?bf58n15mb4ye8yu

Assuming you don't use other apps with your remote you could make a folder for xbmc outside the context folder and for each action use find window Important: you have to use a name & class for the xbmc window , like this:
program: XBMC.exe
name: XBMC
class: XBMC

- The fact that the xbmc folder is outside the context folder mean it'll be permanently enabled (so you can't use other apps with your remote
- Action with find window (with name & class) will the xbmc window no matter what (if xbmc is minimized or the mouse not focused eventghost will find it)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to setup EventGhost to send IR remote signal to XBMC without focus?0