Adjust Refresh 24p Question, MacBook and VGA
I have been dabling with XBMC for a few years, and have a question regarding the Adjust Displays Refresh....

I have done the searching before asking... nothing quite answers my question. With the "Adjust..." selected, my XBMC does not output to the intended frequency. I have a feeling it may be the antequated setup (you'll see) and therefore hardware related, but I would like to know if I can get it to work, and if so, how?

First off, the equipment involved:
Samsung 40D6000
MacBook (Black) 2.4 Ghz - 4gbRAM - x3100 intel graphics
Hooked up via VGA (could be the problem?) and analog stereo out.
Latest version of XBMC
OSX 10.6.8

My thoughts right now, is that it could be
A) VGA output/x3100 is not capable of changing resolution. - It actually goes Mac > miniDVI to VGA > VGA cable > TV
B) Samsung TV is not capable of supporting 24Hz input through VGA. The TV supports 24p through HDMI, but I don't know about VGA.
C) OSX doesn't allow adjusting the refresh rate by XBMC
D) My XBMC install is broken - Everything seems to work ok, it doesn't read my hardware activity, but that could be an OSX thing.

Everything seems to play at 1080p / 60Hz

I do hope to upgrade to something better for HTPC, but I would like to make do with the extra hardware.
OSX will not allow you to switch to a setting that does not exist. Check Display Settings in OSX, not xbmc.
(2012-09-20, 21:38)davilla Wrote: OSX will not allow you to switch to a setting that does not exist. Check Display Settings in OSX, not xbmc.

Will do... I was thinking this, looking for some short cuts, this might work out to be one.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adjust Refresh 24p Question, MacBook and VGA0