Animated GIFs in My Pictures?
Thanks for the quick answer.

I hope it will work on Gotham then. Will report when I had the opportunity to try it out
I've try to read animated GIF with http://mirrors.xbmc.org/snapshots/osx/xb...x86_64.dmg

and nothing seems to have change, only first image is displayed.
This might break non-animated gifs, but you can turn animated-gif support on by creating a plain text file called advancedsettings.xml (wiki) and saving it in your userdata folder (wiki) with the following:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<videoextensions>
  <add>.gif</add>
</videoextensions>
</advancedsettings>

I can confirm that this works.

EDIT: to explain: basically this is telling XBMC that .gif files are a type of video, since support is already baked into ffmpeg.
Big Grin 
(2013-06-12, 06:27)Ned Scott Wrote: This might break non-animated gifs, but you can turn animated-gif support on by creating a plain text file called advancedsettings.xml (wiki) and saving it in your userdata folder (wiki) with the following:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<videoextensions>
  <add>.gif</add>
</videoextensions>
</advancedsettings>

EDIT: to explain: basically this is telling XBMC that .gif files are a type of video, since support is already baked into ffmpeg.

Indeed it works thanks !

I've use this trick to play it in loops :

(2012-09-19, 02:27)artrafael Wrote:
  1. Navigate to your list of videos (e.g., Movies, or Videos > Movies, or Videos > Files and drill down to your list of video files)
  2. Click "c" on keyboard to open context menu
  3. Select "Queue item"
  4. Click "c" again
  5. Select "Now playing"
  6. Click left arrow to open left menu
  7. Change "Repeat" to "On"

Two problems still exist, we have a black frame at the end of each loop, during reloading, and after 5 repeats, the gif suddenly freeze for less than one seond, then play very fast.

Anyway it looks promising.

Thanks again.
Nais, Things are moving fast: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/2869
(2013-06-12, 13:59)Robotica Wrote: Nais, Things are moving fast: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/2869
against the wall Angel
It would be interesting to see if we can get rid of the skip in looping, and have looping/repeat auto triggered based on the looping data in the gif.
You could define if a gif is animated or not by counting the number of frame.

More than one frame -> animated.

Yes it's better to see them in Image more than in Video. Since a looping gif have not a linear temporality (like a video with a begining and an end).

So we can think about a gif who play in loop during diaporama time, then skip to the next one and so on.
Thee are quite a few use cases in xbmc: fanart, posters, thumbs (see examples in the other topic) and slideshow are the most important..
The image code would be needed for those. Having support in ffmpeg won't do us any good for artwork. Slideshows and pictures, we can do that now, just need some tweaking.
@Ned: thnx, that makes it more clear for me.

Hi Ace, I see you plan on doing some work on CXImage. As far as I understand, the goal is to ditch CXImage when possible.
good to know...
(2013-06-12, 06:27)Ned Scott Wrote: This might break non-animated gifs, but you can turn animated-gif support on by creating a plain text file called advancedsettings.xml (wiki) and saving it in your userdata folder (wiki) with the following:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<videoextensions>
  <add>.gif</add>
</videoextensions>
</advancedsettings>

I tried this but no luck for me.

Quote:16:22:09 T:3880 ERROR: CDVDDemuxFFmpeg::Open - error probing input format, D:\Unsorted\iep6ayd1ZOq1U.gif
16:22:09 T:3880 ERROR: CDVDFileInfo::ExtractThumb - Error creating demuxer

I also tried changing the gif to only play once but that didn't help. Any suggestions?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Animated GIFs in My Pictures?1