XBMC video settings & CCC settings
(2012-09-24, 20:52)drpizznock Wrote:
(2012-09-24, 20:46)DerekCuster Wrote:
(2012-09-24, 20:36)drpizznock Wrote: Yes, it is astonishing that you, the owner of the RL70, don't know what windows drivers it needs or where to find them. The drivers for the RL70 can be found on Acer's support page - http://support.acer.com/product/default....delId=4012

Or direct download link for the VGA driver - http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/...ER&SC=PA_7

Well there's no need to be cheeky Big Grin

I know of these drivers and me ton them directly in my post,
They are the OLD drivers that I specifically don't want and just explained that I COULD install but are old and buggy...

I was specifically asking for latest 12.8 AMD Cats for the RL70 not those 2011 drivers, but I do appreciate the effort.

Big Grin

Smile

With systems like Acer RL70 or the Lenovo Q180 it is the manufacturer that maintains the drivers set.

Yea, thats kinds true, but... the reference drivers should work (as startcodon mentions) problem is, there are about 7 variations of the reference drivers and I'm unsure which is the "correct" one.

For example,
They do have a 6000 series driver (as start has kindly posted a link to) but I tested this and no hardware was detected Sad

They offer a HD6xxx Sset too,
Plus they do have a E450 set under mobility,
Plus they do a desktop 6000 series,
There is an integrated chipset for the 6000 series ...

I was just curious if Anyone knew which of these (which all kinda match the hardware) was indeed the correct (or best match) for the RL70.

StartCodon has poted the closet match so far (albeit it doesn't work for me as I would expect) but its the right path and I think he understands what my goal here was Smile

The OP seems to have had a similar issue, meaning he had to fall back to the 2011 drivers, but I'm sure we can find a way to get the 12.8 reference cats on this pc...

@StartCodon
Thanks for the links
I've had a bit of a hit and miss experience with the amd tool as it seems to only detect things that have drivers installed Sad and currently I have no drivers installed as I don't know which ones to install.
Its currently just showing as unknown hardware or something similar.

I think I'm just going to have to keep trying to download them all and benchmark them all to find which is the closest to perfect...

Dam amd.

At least the ion is as simple as download latest force ware, install. Done!
(2012-09-24, 16:44)DerekCuster Wrote: Hey,

I've just bought a RL70 and I'm having a right headache with the drivers,
It seems the ATI website has about 7 different versions but no indication as to which is the correct one,

So far I have found the following,
Mobility E450 catalyst package,
6xxx series catalyst drivers
HD6000 series drivers,

I have no idea which are the correct ones,
I can't find the chipset drivers for the Hudson D1 either Sad

We're you able to get your drivers sorted,
Does anyone else own a RL70 and use windows,
What drivers from the ATI/AMD site are needed.

Hope you can help
Follow my screen shot below to download the driver for your E450.....

Graphics Drivers & Software

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-09-24, 21:21)DerekCuster Wrote: @StartCodon
Thanks for the links
I've had a bit of a hit and miss experience with the amd tool as it seems to only detect things that have drivers installed Sad and currently I have no drivers installed as I don't know which ones to install.
Its currently just showing as unknown hardware or something similar.

I think I'm just going to have to keep trying to download them all and benchmark them all to find which is the closest to perfect...

Dam amd.

At least the ion is as simple as download latest force ware, install. Done!
Then download the 2011 drivers from the Acer website, install them, so you have at least *some* drivers installed (and hopefully a recognised adapter); *then* run the AMD autodetect utility?

Hey bluray etc..

@bluray
That doesn't work either, it downloads a 900kb file that then downloads a generic driver (with a warning) that states that it's not a specific driver for my system and may cause issues. Click continue yourself and see Smile

@start.
Doing that reports back that drivers are upto date (even though they are from 2011) as they are not amd reference drivers, they are modified manufacturer specific drivers Sad

It's no problem folks,
I'll just use the old ones, as it seems like this is way way way to much trouble for what should be a peace of piss driver upgrade?

Cheers for trying though, it's just mad tht a pc bought a day ago online only has drivers from revision1 back in 2011 from a company like AMD/ATI and ACER? Weird...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC video settings & CCC settings0