Win How To Run Lyrics In The Player
I have a song file which have lyrics tag inbuilt.

I can view the lyrics in windows media player while listening the song but i cannot view in kodi.
I have the same problem with CU LRC Lyrics.

I have a map on a network with albums, even when i rename the lyrics exactly like the file CU Lyrics refuses to use them.

Why is it not working, it looks like this:

04 - 10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2).flac
04 - 10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2).lrc

Thank You
Mondriaan,
Your filenames look 100% correct to me so perhaps there's a problem with the format of you LRC files.
I have LRC files for plenty of albums and they all work perfectly with CU LRC Lyrics.
If you could reply with say the first 20 lines from one your non-working LRC files perhaps I'll be able to see why they don't work.

JB
Smile 
(2021-01-16, 16:50)Mondriaan Wrote: 04 - 10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2).flac
04 - 10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2).lrc

Thank You

Just wanted to say nice choice on your example .

Lat Eralus
Your LRC file contents should be formatted like this;

[00:14.01][Verse 1: Eric Bloom>
[00:14.81]I have this feeling that my luck is none too good
[00:19.59]This sword here at my side don't act the way it should
[00:25.43]Keeps calling me its master, but I feel like its slave
[00:31.28]Hauling me faster and faster to an early, early grave
[00:37.39]And it howls! It howls like hell! [00:40.04]I'm told it's my duty to fight against the law
[00:49.34]That wizardry's my trade and I was born to wade through gore
[00:55.18]I just want to be a lover, not a red-eyed screaming ghoul
[01:01.29]I wish it'd picked another to be its killing tool

Otherwise CU Lyrics will ignore the file.
I have also noticed that .txt files don't seem load at all, so maybe there is a format problem there as well. With that in mind I don't use KODI for music with lyrics any more, I use WMP and a third party lyrics provider, located here - https://www.crintsoft.com/minilyrics/download/ It will work with many players. CU Lyrics is just to complicated to get configured to work with KODI.
With apologies for the rather long post.
@rockerron  if you are going to give an example of how a .LRC lyrics file should be formatted it is a good idea if your example doesn’t include any mistakes, particularly when they are in the very first line. Specifically why do you have an opening square bracket [ after the time tag in the first line? Square brackets in LRC files are usually used in pairs to denote one of the tags which the LRC file format supports eg. the time tags your example uses correctly. Details of the other tags typically used in LRC files can be found on this Wikipedia page:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LRC_(file_format)

My other question for you is what is the purpose of the greater than > symbol at the end of the first line? Perhaps you used it just to emphasize that here comes verse 1?
Here’s my example of the beginning of a correctly formatted LRC file:
[ti:04. Apple Kisses]
[ar:Alison Moyet]
[al:The Minutes]
[by:JB]
[la:EN]

[00:00.00]4/11 - Apple Kisses
[00:01.00]Alison Moyet - Vocals
[00:02.00]Guy Sigsworth - Keyboards, production, synthesisers
[00:03.00]
[00:18.23]How sound am I contemplating?
[00:25.23]Counting on your fingers while they're hesitating
[00:31.88]Folded into every fibre of the bed you make
[00:40.35]Are you sleeping somewhere?
[00:43.89]I'm wide awake
[00:47.21]

Moving on to the second part of your contribution. I’ve never noticed LRC Lyrics not wanting to load .TXT files as long as of course the TXT files are correctly named and stored alongside the music file with which they are associated. Finally you state “CU Lyrics is just to complicated to get configured to work with KODI.” Well in my experience this is not correct. Assuming your LRC lyrics files are located alongside the music tracks with which they are associated, the only configuration required after you install the CU LRC Lyrics add-on is to change it’s settings such that it’s Options, "Lyric Files are set to Search for and save LRC lyrics in the song folder" and to "Search for and save TXT lyrics in the song folder". Changing just 2 settings is not what I would call complicated.

--
JB
I think I was unduly harsh with regard to the ease of configuring CU LRC Lyrics because if you include all the steps I do to get Kodi to display lyrics during music playback then it's definately not a simple process. So for the sake of completeness here's how I set Kodi up for this job.

In Estuary, Kodi’s current default skin, go to Settings, Media, Music, and enable Switch To Visualisation On Playback. Estuary will then switch to the full-screen display when music is played.
I personally don’t like Estuary so I then install the Confluence skin which used to be the default Kodi skin.
In Confluence I then install the CU LRC Lyrics add-on. The only CU LRC Lyrics configuration I require is as per my previous post to set it to Search for and save LRC lyrics and TXT lyrics in the song folder.
Secondly in Confluence I go to Settings, Interface, Configure Skin, Add-on Shortcuts, Music OSD and set the Lyrics Add-on to be CU LRC Lyrics.
If you have correctly named lyric files stored alongside your music tracks then Confluence will display them whenever music tracks are played.

However this is still not quite good enough for me because Confluence doesn’t display CD Discart ie. a rotating image of the actual CD (assuming you have one) during music playback and on all my systems the lyrics page number display in Confluence is corrupt. To solve these problems and give my a really excellent user interface and full screen music playback display I then install the Metropolis skin.

Metropolis I then configure as follows.
In Settings, Metropolis, General, enable Video/Album Art Overlay.
In Settings, Metropolis, General, enable Auto scrolling for text….
In Settings, Metropolis, Scripts/Extras, set the Default Lyrics Script to CU LRC Lyrics.
In Settings, Metropolis, Music Settings, enable Visualization, Show Player Position and Time in Info Overlay.
In Settings, Media, Music, General, make sure it’s set to Switch to Visualization on Playback.
Also in Settings, Media, Music, General, I set the Track Naming Template to
[%N, ]%T

When configured as above you will have a really great full-screen music playback display which will include the album artwork, a rotating image of the actual CD plus of course the synchronised song lyrics. All assuming you have LRC lyric files with timing tags, the album artwork and an image of the actual CD saved alongside the music tracks. The album artwork should be named Folder.JPG. The CD image (I do these myself) should be named Discart.png and be precisely 1000 pixels square.

--
JB
I thought I should follow up by posting two screenshots to show how the Metropolis full screen music display looks. The first shows the Alison Moyet track I chose for my example LRC file extract above while the second shows how I make use of the LRC display facility, as a hand reminder, to list the musicians playing on an instrumental track, in this case a track from Simon Phillips Protocol V album.

--
JB

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How To Run Lyrics In The Player0