Script Fail on all Add Ons for Windows
Hi,
I am new to this forum and just started exploring the world of XBMC. Quite excited about the possibilities.
I installed Eden on my machine as per the instructions. Everything seemed to load ok except no add ons work.
When I first started XBMC the native add ons (All Music and Yahoo) both had a script fail.
I installed Navi-X to see if that would work (as per zip file) and it also failed.
I only captured the log of the Navi-X fail

Script Fail XBMC Windows Vista 64 bit

I am running the following:
Version of XBMC: Version 11 (Eden)
Windows Vista 64 bit (Ultimate with SP2)
i7 920 processor
GPU: ATI Radeon HD4600
Sound: Asus On board HD Audio
Navi-X: 3.7.6

The message is always "Script Fail!" Then the add on.

I read about issues with Python occuring on Eden but I tried to look through the log to determine if this is my issue and honestly it is way beyond me, so hoping someone can help.

Thank you in advance.
it has been reported a couple of times before:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=133865

as far as i know this bug only occurs on windows vista systems.
i'm not aware of any fix/workaround for this issue.

i wonder if this bug is still present in the latest nightly builds of xbmc,
so if you're in for some testing, you can get them here:
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I did see that post and tried older versions of XBMC to check for possible fixes. So I am assuming it is the python issue that is described in that other thread?
Looks like it doesn't happen 100% of the time.

What are the issues with testing the nightly builds? Is there a possible risk to the OS and integrity of the registry on those builds or is it just glitches on the software itself?
(2012-09-22, 23:03)milanm Wrote: I did see that post and tried older versions of XBMC to check for possible fixes. So I am assuming it is the python issue that is described in that other thread?
Looks like it doesn't happen 100% of the time.

What are the issues with testing the nightly builds? Is there a possible risk to the OS and integrity of the registry on those builds or is it just glitches on the software itself?

Only glitches in XBMC itself
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
There was a post I read that someone experienced the same vista issues and they installed v10 of XBMC and it solved it.

I installed that version and still encounter the same issues.
I have tried to install with the same files on a Windows 7 laptop with the same issues. I am leaning towards the idea that I must be doing something wrong.
Downloaded Eden from xbmc.org (Windows version) - filename: xbmc-11.0.exe
Run as administrator let it install

Seems so simple yet I get the broken links for Yahoo and AllMusic when I start up. Same issue when I install Navi-x from the zip (System - AddOn - from ZIP file)

I saw someone mention about having a valid sign on ID. I haven't input any sign on credentials.

The only other possibility is that I have common software on the two machines that is causing it to fail.

Any thoughts?
Yahoo and AllMusic *are* broken and you'll get this notification on each and every xbmc install.
the fact Navi-X didn't work on your vista pc is due to the bug i referred too.

one can only guess why it does not work for you on win7 as you did not provide a Debug Log.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
My apologies. I should have known to post a log.

I actually got Navi-X to work on the WIN7 machine. It is just laggy because of tight resources. My home PC has the resources to run so sounds like it is time to upgrade to WIN7
(2012-09-23, 02:40)ronie Wrote: one can only guess why it does not work for you on win7 as you did not provide a debug log.

I get the exact same error on my ATV1. The Add-On can't be disabled or uninstalled either.
(2012-10-08, 03:03)nogi Wrote:
(2012-09-23, 02:40)ronie Wrote: one can only guess why it does not work for you on win7 as you did not provide a debug log.

I get the exact same error on my ATV1. The Add-On can't be disabled or uninstalled either.

Same answer ronie gave above regarding Windows 7 PC applies here for ATV1.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Script Fail on all Add Ons for Windows0