Newcomer Questions
Hei guys

I am new to XMBC and have some questions, hope you can help me.

So first my system:

NAS Synology Diskstation 212 with 2 TB harddrives as where all the files are downloaded and stored.
Zotac Dbox 04 as HTPC with Xmbc to play the files from my NAS on my TV.
8 Gbram and a 80Gb Intel ssd

TV Samsung Series 5 Full HD tv, bit older but works fine.
Soundsystem Bose Lifestyle V30

So my Zotac is conected to the tv by HDMI and the tv to my Bose by DVI Cable for Full 5.1 sound (at least in theory)

First question:

How can i play the sound files from the movies in full HD? Meaning in 5.1 with bass and everything? Before i streamed from PS3 and there it worked just fine, connected the same like my ZBOX now?

Second question:

I have some .mkv files which i want to play, but then the system said it cant read the audio files and just plays the video but not the audio, what am i doing wrong?
Ok found out that the files are in MPEG-2 TS-Video, how can i easy convert them after download?

Third question:

I would like to have a nice addon to see my library with movie pics and comments and stuff like that, which Addon do I have to install and do I have to change the names of my movies in the library for that?

Fourth question:

Is there a possibility to see TV Channels like Sky HD and Sky Sports?

I guess so far thats it, thanks for any help.

Berenduin
Check out the "Getting started" links at http://wiki.xbmc.org/
Thanks i set up everything according to it, but still to some questions i cant get an anwser Confused

Anyone who wants to help me quick?
Would be amazing.

Thanks in advance guys
Er, it would be better to go ahead and ask your question rather than asking if anyone will answer a question that you haven't even asked yet. Wink

Also, it is better to ask questions in separate threads posted in the appropriate (sub)forum than to lump a bunch of disparate questions into a single thread. This ensures that responses are focused on a single topic rather than being all over the map because various responders may be answering different questions from your laundry list.
I had similar issues, my receiver doesn't support HDMI1.4 so i conected it directly to my tv and with a toslink to my receiver (also samsung), the TV sends a 2 channel stream to the receiver.
you have 2 options here:

- Connect HTPC via HDMI to receiver, and from Receiver to TV
- Connect HTPC via HDMI to TV and use a coax/toslink from HTPC to Receiver.

2nd question:
This could be becouse your TV does not support DTS and therefor you will get an error. this is a gues but if you reconnect as i described you will see the change.

3rd question:
I use the Aeon MQ3 and Aeon MQ4 skinns, but even with the standard skinn you should have some images.
While adding a source you need to specify the content and the scraper (this will download the images and text)
you allso need to update your library. there is a setting that updates your library on every xbmc startup.

Thanks a lot nklerk, worked for me!

Now i can watch all the formats and have 5.1 DTS!

To my third questions, mhh i think i have to change the name of my movies so that the srapper can check them.
I will do that once to try it out lets see if it works.

I have the Library Auto Update Addon, but i am not sure if it works.

Thanks a lot so far.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newcomer Questions0