Win Cannot update library (MySQL)
NO, leave the smb paths, it will find itself on the network.
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Checked all devices and they now all have the exact same advancedsettings.xml including the HTPC which i call server because it handles all my media, backups etc.

But i cannot figure out the sources.xml is there any example file? :o
Also i still find it pretty weird that everything worked fine till i accidentally copied the HTPC its advancedsettings.xml to my MBP.
A person much smarter then I said " sources.xml defines what sources you can browse in file mode". Its not "required" for a MySQL setup.
(2012-09-27, 17:05)helta Wrote: A person much smarter then I said " sources.xml defines what sources you can browse in file mode". Its not "required" for a MySQL setup.

Thats why i find it weird that people are telling me i need a sources.xml while i had a setup which worked perfectly till i loaded the HTPC its advancedsettings onto my MBP....
You really only need a sources.xml on any PC you want to update the library on. There's examples in the wiki. The thing to remember with sources.xml is any small difference between them will cause duplicates in the library and for MySql it must be network paths, hence the recommendation to make one and copy it to the other installs
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Then still my question remains.
How come it was all good with my XBMC and MySQL and advancedsettings without any sources.xml and the moment i accidently copied the HTPC its advancedsettings instead of the other advancedsettings i use on all "clients" and now everything is screwed up.
I'm on the edge of just deleting everything as i do not understand why it still won't work, not 1 device can update the library now, the files are able to be opened through Files but cannot be sorted into Movies/Shows anymore since it won't allow me to assign the content anymore and when i do and it asks if i wish to scan the library right away it starts and stops updating right away and when i check the content settings its blank again...

EDIT: What i meant in the last part was that when i assign a scraper it doesn't save it at all.
I think the problems were caused by the path substitutions in you advancedsettings. It caused your other client to use the sources and other files from your network share. With local paths in sources the client couldn't connect to the media (d:\whatever doesn't exist on the client) and it snowballed from there
Ahh.
I think i fixed it, currently deleted the sources.xml on the HTPC and 1 client and manually added the Films/Series as a SMB share and now everything seems to be up and running.

EDIT: Yup its all good, only bad thing is that i lost a lot of progress. Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot update library (MySQL)0