Install issue with WinXP
I had to download msvcr100.dll manually first off.

xbmc version 10.xx was running fine on this machine.

Since then I installed XP from scratch.

Now i get this error message.

This is winxp sp2 with directx9c

Windows XP SP3 is the minimum requirement - http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...quirements

I had sp3 before restore winxp ghost image. I had the same problem before also with sp3. I will try again though.
I now have fresh install of winxp sp3 and get same error installing xbmc as above.

Dang it.

Thanks for looking
xbmc 10.1 installed and works. Hmmmm

here is my log file from xbmc 11 eden crashing

http://pastebin.com/2cjNzyw9
Anyone having success with xbmc 11 and winXP?
Laptop or desktop? Do you have the latest drivers for your video card or are you using what came with Win XP?

Looking at the Windows FAQ supported video hardware for Nvidia is GeForce 6 and up, looks like you have a 4 series. I can't say for certain if that is the culprit.

Thank you for taking the time to look.

I did think of that and installed the latest drivers for video. I also installed directx after the install just to make sure.

The video card has worked well on everything including xbmc 10.1 also.

Oh well Im just gonna use my other main desktop for HTPC. It has HD4200 Radeon, so good enough.

The problem computer is a desktop also.
(2012-09-25, 22:26)sproket Wrote: Anyone having success with xbmc 11 and winXP?

Yes me.

I have just finished putting another htpc together and now use XBMC instead of MP. The pc is around 5 years old running XP SP3, on board realtek sound and the intergrated graphics card.
Installed the latest 11 release of XMBC, installed the K lite codec pack, tweaked it as required, pointed it to the media storage drive and it works like a dream.
Videos run smoothly, the GUI is nice and stable and the whole system boots from cold to ready to play a media file state in little under 50 seconds which isnt bad for a fairly old hardware setup.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Install issue with WinXP0