Asrock Visionx 321B CI5
Hello!

Just ordered a Asrock Visionx 321b Ci5 (http://goo.gl/y3uVO)
Anyone have any experience with it? thinking of putting xbmcbuntu or openlec on it.
Will land this friday hopefully Smile
Hardware. Asrock VisionX, Onkyo TX-SR508, LG 47", ReadyNAS Ultra 6 TB | Software. XBMC Frodo, Aeon Nox 4.0, Sickbeard, Couchpotato, SABnzbd
[trakt.tv]
(2012-09-24, 15:11)tetzuoshima Wrote: Hello!

Just ordered a Asrock Visionx 321b Ci5 (http://goo.gl/y3uVO)
Anyone have any experience with it? thinking of putting xbmcbuntu or openlec on it.
Will land this friday hopefully Smile
It should make great HTPC, but I think that it is over kill for Linux.....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Yes, awesome specs but $900 ... wow. I hope it's awesome. I agree with bluray ... totally overkill for a non-Windows flavor of XBMC.
Ok thanks then maybe I will try out Windows! the Bitsreaming guide you have in your signature sounds really interesting so will try to get that working.
Thank you for your replies.
Hardware. Asrock VisionX, Onkyo TX-SR508, LG 47", ReadyNAS Ultra 6 TB | Software. XBMC Frodo, Aeon Nox 4.0, Sickbeard, Couchpotato, SABnzbd
[trakt.tv]
Hey tetzuoshima, I'll wait for your feedback since this is exactly my next HTPC! Wink
I believe it can be used, with XBMC to play FULL 3D BD ISO and 1080P MKV SBS without any kind of problem... I'll stream all the movies from NAS.....

I'm interesting also on remote response (is it fast without lag?)

Lucas
Also looking forward to a review.

I currently have the ASRock Vision 3D (SandyBridge) and use both XBMC and WMC with a Logitech Harmony One. Overall it's a great little
HTPC that is very quite and compact.
(2012-09-26, 09:12)tetzuoshima Wrote: Ok thanks then maybe I will try out Windows! the Bitsreaming guide you have in your signature sounds really interesting so will try to get that working.
Thank you for your replies.
You shouldn't have any problem playback blu-ray 1080P video and bitstreaming HD audio with it. If you run into any problem at all, you can ask me in my thread.....

(2012-09-27, 02:06)ChessKing Wrote: Also looking forward to a review.

I currently have the ASRock Vision 3D (SandyBridge) and use both XBMC and WMC with a Logitech Harmony One. Overall it's a great little
HTPC that is very quite and compact.
Since you are using both 7MCE and XBMC, you should do as what I did in this- post #751.....

(2012-09-27, 04:39)bluray Wrote: Since you are using both 7MCE and XBMC, you should do as what I did in this- post #751.....

Thanks for that I am already using the XBMC plugin for WMC to switch back and forwards between the two programs.

I do have one issue when exiting XBMC and returning to WMC it seems that focus gets lost and I can't move around
the WMC menus. However if I hit one of my pre-programmed buttons on my remote like Recorded TV it does take me into the Recorded TV
list and then I can navigate around.

Have you experienced this before?

(2012-09-27, 05:20)ChessKing Wrote: Have you experienced this before?
I haven't notice it...

The differences between VisionX and Vision HT Series is only on Graphic card:

VisionX = AMD Radeon™ HD7850M Graphics
Vision HT = Intel® HD Graphics Built-in Visuals

Which is better for FULL HD / BLU RAY FULL ISO 3D movies ?!?

Thanks!
It landed yesterday! Smile will dig into the setup on saturday.

Heres the box

Here it is unpacked, really like the feel of the remote

Here is the remote next to my Motorola Nyxboard

Here it is sideways

As I said earlier I will start working on the setup this saturday so will keep this post updated!
[trakt.tv]
Great to keep us updated on your setup, i'm currently looking for a replacement for my old Asrock ION 330-BD and i'm not sure which one to choose, either the Vision X or Vision HT.

Will you be installing OpenELEC on it? I wonder if all hardware is supported and would be interested in your findings.

Thanks for sharing your experience, expecially for XBMC on this HTPC! I can't wait for more infos and photos! ^_^
Please let me know if the original remote works ok (fast responsive command on XBMC!) Wink
(2012-09-24, 15:11)tetzuoshima Wrote: Just ordered a Asrock Visionx 321b Ci5 (http://goo.gl/y3uVO)

Can I ask where you bought it?

I'm in Australia and can't seem to find this locally and it looks like great hardware for a Group #7 HTPC.
Let us know how XBMC on windows feels on it? Does it handle 1080p 3D content without issue?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Asrock Visionx 321B CI50