ContextMenu not showing
Im having trouble getting the context-menu to show up.

So yesterday i downloaded at the time latest zip and upgraded to 11.0-pvr build99 from pulse-eight.

it show up if i switch to confluence.

last thing i did was press "guide" to show the contextmenu on an episode.
the GUI stops responding but some threads of xbmc seems to be running.

Debug Log: http://pastebin.com/84sKAEH7

/Henrik
I Installed the stable version from xbmc addon-repository, and the context menu does still not show up, the gui just hangs whenever i try to bring up the contextmenu and xbmc needs to be restarted.

does anybody have a tip on why it wont show up?

update:
it works if I first go into movies and bring it up on a movie, then it works ok for the rest of the session.
but it does not work if i first go into tvshows and try to bring it up.
I can't reproduce it. I did saw some skin related errors and fixed that on git, but nothign related to your problem.
It looks like you are using version 4.0.0 on an eden install. I dont recommend that.
(2012-09-29, 11:35)henrike_ Wrote: update:
it works if I first go into movies and bring it up on a movie, then it works ok for the rest of the session.

I can confirm the exact same behavior. Running openelec 2.7 with nox 3.6.

Edit: debug log here:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=9553
(2012-09-30, 02:28)SickIcarus Wrote:
(2012-09-29, 11:35)henrike_ Wrote: update:

I can confirm the exact same behavior. Running openelec 2.7 with nox 3.6.

Edit: debug log here:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=9553
Can't see anything skin related in this log. I do see that all your addon data cannot be loaded, probably the same cause as I explained in the other post.
Hmm... you were indeed correct about the addon data, and your directions in the other thread cleared that right up. However, this issue remains. Would a fresh debug log be helpful? Are there any other troubleshooting steps you would like me to take for this issue?
Rolling back to 3.5 fixes it? If so, could you post the <skinsettings> section of your guisettings.xml on pastebin.
(2012-09-30, 22:46)Big_Noid Wrote: Rolling back to 3.5 fixes it? If so, could you post the <skinsettings> section of your guisettings.xml on pastebin.

Unknown if rolling back fixes it - I didn't have 3.5 installed previously, I just happened to check out Aeon Nox after the 3.6 update and was lucky on the timing. As such, there's nothing to roll back to. I'll be happy to install 3.5 from a zip if you can link me please. I can tell you that this bug is not present with any other skin (Confluence, Metropolis).

Also, it seems the bug may be worse than simply locking up on attempting to display the context menu. I observed a couple of lockups yesterday when attempting to play an episode that had previously been watched halfway through. The skin did not pop up with the option to "Resume from xx:xx or Start from Beginning" and instead locked up. I suspect the two are related. To get around, I had to go into Movies, bring up the context menu there, and then everything worked as normal throughout the remainder of the session.

Pastebin of skinsettings: http://pastebin.com/2XqWSbjG
I can confirm the behaviour of skin lockup when trying to play an episode that previosly have been watched halfway.

although i did not think of that beeing related to this bug at the time.

its the same for me, I just tried this out when I noticed the prerelease on 3.6 and the white-theme, so I cant rollback either.

Its not a conflicting settings thing. If you dont mind editing xmls, could you try the following:
- Open DialogContextMenu.xml
- delete these lines:
Code:
<control type="image">
            <posx>-2000</posx>
            <posy>-1000</posy>
            <width>6000</width>
            <height>3000</height>
            <colordiffuse>black</colordiffuse>
            <texture>common/white.png</texture>
            <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="80" time="50" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
            <animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="700">WindowOpen</animation>
            <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="300">WindowClose</animation>
        </control>
- restart XBMC and see if it crashes.
Happy to!
Just one question - can you confirm where that file is located please?
In the addons folder of your profile: skin.aeon.nox/1080i
No change when deleting the lines.

last line of debug is still:
21:48:05 T:5887808 INFO: Loading skin file: DialogContextMenu.xml
Was a long shot. i have no clue atm. Will try a Linux or Openelec build when I have some free time to see if i can reproduce.
Same problem here. Openelec beta 7 with aeon nox 3.6

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ContextMenu not showing0