Music library resetting?
Hi, I set up my music library on a NAS. I scanned all the content and it shows up correctly. The problem comes when I turn off my computer. When I boot back up my music is not scanned in. If I go to files I can still see them but I need to rescan. I don't have this problem for my movies or TV sho
Any ideas? Thanks!
  • Is your NAS available and share(s) mounted on your client computer before XBMC launches?
  • Do you have the following option enabled?: System/Settings > Music > Library > Update library on startup
  • What about this option?: System/Settings > Video > Library > Update library on startup
Are you using advancedsettings.xml?
(2012-09-24, 21:57)artrafael Wrote:
  • Is your NAS available and share(s) mounted on your client computer before XBMC launches?
  • Do you have the following option enabled?: System/Settings > Music > Library > Update library on startup
  • What about this option?: System/Settings > Video > Library > Update library on startup
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes

(2012-09-24, 22:25)drpizznock Wrote: Are you using advancedsettings.xml?

No, I am not using that. I set up the libraries through XBMC. Should I be?

Try turning this off System/Settings > Music > Library > Update library on startup

No, you shouldn't need advancedsettings.xml
Try what drpizznock suggested and turn off "Update library on startup". If that doesn't correct your problem, then do the following:
  1. Rescan your music library.
  2. Enable debug log (wiki)ging in XBMC.
  3. Exit XBMC.
  4. Restart XBMC and wait a couple of minutes to let it complete initialization.
  5. Check music library to see if anything is there.
  6. Exit XBMC.
  7. Locate your debug log (wiki) (xbmc.log) and upload the contents of the entire log to www.pastebin.com or www.xbmclogs.com and post the URL link to your uploaded log here with your reply.
(2012-09-25, 05:26)artrafael Wrote: Try what drpizznock suggested and turn off "Update library on startup". If that doesn't correct your problem, then do the following:
  1. Rescan your music library.
  2. Enable debug log (wiki)ging in XBMC.
  3. Exit XBMC.
  4. Restart XBMC and wait a couple of minutes to let it complete initialization.
  5. Check music library to see if anything is there.
  6. Exit XBMC.
  7. Locate your debug log (wiki) (xbmc.log) and upload the contents of the entire log to www.pastebin.com or www.xbmclogs.com and post the URL link to your uploaded log here with your reply.
It appears to be sticking when I turn the scan off. How can I fix it so I can scan every time still? Here is my log. http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=9316

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music library resetting?0