WiFi not working (openELEC + Zotac AD10)
Hi all,

Yesterday I got my first dedicated HTPC (Zotac Zbox AD10) and outfitted it with an SSD & 4Gb ram.

After a couple of tries (non-PVR build wouldn't boot for some reason), I got the SSD partitioned and Fusion build PVR version of openELEC 2.0 working (OpenELEC PVR 2.0 (Beta 7) - 1.95.7 Fusion x86_64 (115 MB) MD5) - Downloaded from here

My next step is to get WiFi working, and then start attaching media and add-ons as desired. I watched a video on how to do it here, and followed the instructions with my own settngs (got from accessing router's browser setup screen. However, nothing has worked.

I have not yet installed any drivers on the Zbox.. .wondering if this is something that needs to be done (as it comes w/o HDD). However, only CDs have been provided and of course, the zbox doesn't have a player & I do not have an external). I have checked on zotac's site and they have the wifi module driver to download, but then since the AD10 is loading direct to openELEC, how would I install these drivers?

I'm really struggling so any help or guidance to this would be very useful. I have seen a number of guides that are pointing towards coding in linux, but very few that address how to fix or update things from within the openELEC framework.
Since WiFi is handled by the OS rather than by the XBMC application, have you already checked or asked over in the OpenELEC Forum?
Hi!

What exactly did you do? Where did it go wrong? Openelec runs a Linux kernel with the WLAN driver already added, so under normal circumstances there should be no need to add/install any drivers.

My dad has the Zotac ZBOX HD-ID11-U, and under Openelec I just had the first network set per default to eth0 (did not change anything), I then changed the second network to wlan0, made sure I was using DHCP and added the SSID, security used (WPA2 for us) and the key. After this it worked.

So it is pretty close to what you see in the video.
Maybe remember to remove lan cable before rebooting, if you have both lan and wlan, wlan won't work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WiFi not working (openELEC + Zotac AD10)0