Win tv series show name but no content in library
Hi if i select a file to play in tv series the art work and name shows but no content is shown if i go into files then i can get to the video file and play.

Any help

Robert
This usually happens when the files aren't named in fashion XBMC can recognize.

You typically want to have the filenames contain numbering of the form S01E01, S01E02, etc. or 1x01, 1x02, etc.

How are your files named?
Did you happen to move or rename the files and/or directory for the show after it had been previously scanned into the library?
Sorry posted earlier but don't know what happened, my tv series are in iso and i have for example band of brothers disc 1 which has episodes 1 & 2 on it, also i have planet earth which is in iso formats, so any help on what to do with these
I'm not sure I understand.

Is this
(2012-09-26, 23:02)RobTi Wrote: Sorry posted earlier but don't know what happened, my tv series are in iso and i have for example band of brothers disc 1 which has episodes 1 & 2 on it, also i have planet earth which is in iso formats, so any help on what to do with these
a different question/issue than this?
(2012-09-26, 14:10)RobTi Wrote: Hi if i select a file to play in tv series the art work and name shows but no content is shown if i go into files then i can get to the video file and play.

Any help

Robert

artafael: can XBMC scrape TV shows on ISOs out of the box or does this require additional configuration?
(2012-09-26, 23:18)artrafael Wrote: I'm not sure I understand.

Is this
(2012-09-26, 23:02)RobTi Wrote: Sorry posted earlier but don't know what happened, my tv series are in iso and i have for example band of brothers disc 1 which has episodes 1 & 2 on it, also i have planet earth which is in iso formats, so any help on what to do with these
a different question/issue than this?
(2012-09-26, 14:10)RobTi Wrote: Hi if i select a file to play in tv series the art work and name shows but no content is shown if i go into files then i can get to the video file and play.

Any help

Robert

Hi sorry its the same problem, but after a few hours last night trying to solve it, it is this as drpizznock asked can xbmc work with tv series on .iso format as nearly all my files are in .iso format ?

Thanks

Robert
I believe it can, as long as the filename complies with the naming convention. However, if your ISO file contains multiple episodes, it may present a bit of challenge as far as matching the filename to what's in TVDB, since their entries are organized by individually numbered seasons/episodes. I recall reading a thread a few weeks (or was it months?) back that discussed different approaches to handling ISOs containing multiple episodes of TV shows, so you may want to search for it.
I believe you need to name the iso with the episodes included, so assuming it 2 episodes a disk for Band of Brothers it would be:

band of brothers.s01e01e02.iso
band of brothers.s01e03e04.iso
band of brothers.s01e05e06.iso
band of brothers.s01e07e08.iso
band of brothers.s01e09e10.iso

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tv series show name but no content in library0