Library help
Hi
Im very new to xbmc ,and the forum i have only been using xbmc for a few days ,but i have managed to get it to my ps3 as a media server ,this is from my laptop ,my problem is for the life of me, i cant find out how to get Library content to show anything on my ps3, i have serched the net googled etc trouble is all the posts etc are pre eden and dont help much i was wondering if anyone might be able to pint me to a tutotial ( easy to follow ) i have read up on it quite a bit, so a bit of help and i might realise what im missing thanks

well im dissapointed to say the least i thought forums were where you asked for help 19 views and not 1 offer of advice etc maybe i didnt explain very well i ahve xmbc showing on my ps3 i can see folders movie ,music ,pictures but i cant get any to go in there anyhelp much appreciated im pullingmy hair out lol

Kind regards

Apollo
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

The view count only indicates how times the thread has been opened by anybody, including yourself. If you've received no replies, it's because none of the people who read your thread is able to offer any answers or suggestions; you are not being shunned, so don't take it personally. Also, it would help if you formatted and worded your problem better so people can better understand what you are asking. The lack of capitalizations and punctuations and the use of run-on sentences make for very difficult reading.

Now, on to your problem:
Quote:i have managed to get it to my ps3 as a media server ,this is from my laptop ,my problem is for the life of me, i cant find out how to get Library content to show anything on my ps3
What exactly do you mean by "Library content to show anything on my ps3"? Are you able to see the shared files/folders displayed/listed on your PS3? Or were you expecting to see the XBMC library view (along with all the scraped media info) on your PS3? If it's the latter, you can't do that.
Quote:i ahve xmbc showing on my ps3 i can see folders movie ,music ,pictures but i cant get any to go in there
Here, you are saying you can see the media folders on your PS3, but what exactly does "go in there" mean?

Hi
thanks for your reply I wasnt trying to be pretentous, i am probably just impatient and i am 66yrs old no excuse, im sorry if i affended. ok so here is where im at i can see the xmbc server on my ps3 but basically there or no tracks ,files,or movies whatever etc in the folders,there are 2 folders one called music library ,and one called Video library in retrospect i think i might be confused because i tried setting xmbc on my pc and when i coudnt get a connection with playstation set xmbc up on my latop and its from here i need to create libraries so ican see files on ps3 i dont know how else i can explain basically its lack of knowledge of xbmc i will try and explain further if you need it .
Do you think i should just stick with laptop or pc instalation because i think it all might be getting mixed up,orshould i wipe everything and start again i really love this program and am keento learn all i can.

i was expecting to see xbmc library view or at least movie files and scraped media info i suppose if that cant be done, does that mean im wasting my time trying to stream to ps3 now im really stuck lol

Kind regards

Apollo
(2012-09-26, 23:23)Apollo21 Wrote: i was expecting to see xbmc library view or at least movie files and scraped media info i suppose if that cant be done, does that mean im wasting my time trying to stream to ps3 now im really stuck lol
No, you will not see the XBMC library view and scraped media info on your PS3... because XBMC isn't running natively on your PS3.

(2012-09-27, 00:02)artrafael Wrote:
(2012-09-26, 23:23)Apollo21 Wrote: i was expecting to see xbmc library view or at least movie files and scraped media info i suppose if that cant be done, does that mean im wasting my time trying to stream to ps3 now im really stuck lol
No, you will not see the XBMC library view and scraped media info on your PS3... because XBMC isn't running natively on your PS3.

ok thanks for reply i can appreciate what your saying,but i dont see the point in streaming, if i cant play the movies from places like 1 chanel i might as well just connect my laptop to my tv, and run xmbc straight from my laptop its not any old laptop it cost over £1000 , unless there is some other way to access the moves etc. As i said im totally new and any help,Advice is apprecited i do have a cable with DVI on one end and HDMI on the other, so if you think thats what i should do then its only for me ,not like i have a big family still at home lol my youngest son is 30yrs old lol like i said unless you know of another way.

Kind Regards

Apollo
fcol righting like that dont make you l33t just confusing to us trying to reed it lol maybe hanging around your 30 yo son too much know the feeling my kids r midlate 2os to, but u certainly can hookup ur labtop 2 ur tv and run that way its called htpc after all, xbmc is htpc app that runs on menny platforms like desktop pc laptob atv ipad/pod and soon 2b android, and they can all stream stuff from da internet but lets not talk 1channel cuz dats not aloud here lol, but your sol on ps3 since it cant run xbmc but the other stuff i said b4 should be ok to hookup to tv if have the connection thing that fits it write
(2012-09-27, 00:46)artrafael Wrote: fcol righting like that dont make you l33t just confusing to us trying to reed it lol maybe hanging around your 30 yo son too much know the feeling my kids r midlate 2os to, but u certainly can hookup ur labtop 2 ur tv and run that way its called htpc after all, xbmc is htpc app that runs on menny platforms like desktop pc laptob atv ipad/pod and soon 2b android, and they can all stream stuff from da internet but lets not talk 1channel cuz dats not aloud here lol, but your sol on ps3 since it cant run xbmc but the other stuff i said b4 should be ok to hookup to tv if have the connection thing that fits it write

why are you taking the piss,and typing the way you have, not really appreciated ,i wish i had never asked any questions in the first place,thanks for being rude and i intend to report your attitiude, all i wanted was some advice ,not lessons in grammar,rest assured i wont't be asking you anything again,and my spelling is not as bad as your making out. bye thanks for not helping Sad

kind regards

Apollo

The answers to your questions are in my post, albeit difficult to decipher given the run-on sentences, lack of punctuation and use of vague terminology. I think it's rude, when advised in the first reply to tidy up your writing style so as to be more intelligible to those who may potentially help you, that you persist with your stream of consciousness presentation style. I wasn't making fun of you... just trying to graphically demonstrate that, if you're on the receiving end of such a missive, you too would have difficulties comprehending what was stated.
Now, in contrast to my previous gibberish, let me restate my reply in standard English:
  • You can hookup any desktop or laptop PC/Mac running XBMC to your TV using the appropriate cable (VGA, HDMI, DVI) to give you the HTPC experience.
  • XBMC runs on other platforms too, such as the iPad and soon on Android devices such as smartphones and tablets. Running XBMC natively on these mobile devices also will provide you access to the features of the XBMC library. If video/audio output connectors are available on these devices, you can hook them up to your TV as well
  • With available network connectivity on these PCs or mobile devices, you can stream media content from the Internet via XBMC add-ons and display them on your attached TV
  • Unfortunately, the PS3 is not an XBMC supported platform, so you won't be able to use it to display XBMC library contents on your TV

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library help0