Local artwork for videos not showing up
Hi there

I'd like to download art to go with my movies and tv shows, and use that art instead of whatever is getting picked up.

I have the Confluence skin on a Pi running Raspbmc, wired connection samba share from a headless Ubuntu server.

I have all my movies in a single folder at the moment, and I read that I could save a picture as moviename.jpg and keep it in the same folder, and it would work just fine. It has not worked for me yet. I've also tried putting a single movie in its own folder with its own fanart.jpg, and got nothing there either.

My method for getting movie art to the media folders has been to go find a picture I like, on Google or IMDB or wherever, copy the link to FindingNemo.jpg (or whatever), ssh in and wget that image to the movie directory. Then I rename to whatever the movie file name is, reboot the Pi, and cry that it didn't work.

I'm not sure if:

A) This is not a possible thing on the pi over Samba. I read a few contradictory things.
B) I've got a setting wrong on the Pi somewhere. I know I saw a choice of Banners or Posters somewhere, but I can't find it now. I also know there's something about scraping, but I don't know if the jpg in the samba directory would over rule that, or how to set that.
C) I've got the wrong files/wrong names/wrong layout.

Also possibly important, I do not currently have .nfo files. I'm happy to create by hand, if a test would be helpful.
It looks like C) to me.

If you have multiple movies per folder, then assuming you have a movie named "Avatar (2009).mkv" you need to name your poster artwork as "Avatar (2009)-poster.jpg" and your fanart as "Avatar (2009)-fanart.jpg".

If you have single movies per folder, then you can just call the poster and fanart artwork "poster.jpg" and "fanart.jpg" respectively.

You may want to look at something like Ember Media Manager, it makes the job of managing art (and associated meta data) a whole lot easier.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Try renaming a picture to "folder" (without the ").
Thanks for the help, working great.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Local artwork for videos not showing up0