How to display partially watched icon for a ListItem via python code?
I believe Montellese has taken care of it, so it should be all good.

The watched flag could potentially be related - exactly how are you setting that?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-10-04, 01:06)jmarshall Wrote: I believe Montellese has taken care of it, so it should be all good.
Great. I'll try out tomorrow's nightly.

(2012-10-04, 01:06)jmarshall Wrote: The watched flag could potentially be related - exactly how are you setting that?
I am setting the following InfoLabels: "overlay": 7 and "watched": True. Is is true that the "watched" InfoLabel is deprecated and I should be using the playcount infolabel instead?

UPDATE: Using the playcount infolabel and setting to 1 for watched and 0 for unwatched works in this Frodo release. So should I stop using the "watched" infolabel given this?
(2012-10-04, 01:06)jmarshall Wrote: I believe Montellese has taken care of it, so it should be all good.

FYI... I tried out the Oct 4 nightly and it indeed is fixed so now when I get prompted to resume, it does start to playback from the resumetime I specified. Great!

One more scenario I could use your help with. Is there a way for me to fetch the latest "resumetime" that is set in XBMC internally for a specific video listitem? I'd like to handle a scenario where I haven't played a video listitem in XBMC before, but I have in SageTV, thus when I first try to playback in XBMC I am prompted to resume based on how I pull that data from SageTV. I then resume playback in XBMC, watch a little bit, and then want to come back later and resume from where I left off in XBMC (instead of where I left off in SageTV).

Two questions:
1. Is there a way for me to get the resumetime property that XBMC stores internally so that I can check that first, and if it exists and is greater than SageTV's resumetime, it will start from the latest point?
2. This might be even more far fetched, but is there a "hook" that my addon can listen in for and determine when a video listitem stops playback so that I can use python code to sync the latest resumetime and/or watched status back to SageTV (I just need the "hook"... the rest I can do via SageTV's API).

Thoughts? Again, much appreciated!!
There was a "GetFileInfo" added recently, for JSON-RPC, but I'm not sure that that covers what you want though, as I don't think there's a way to get the information other than at playback (at which time it's too late).

Also, the video stop message should also be able to be fetched via the Monitor class or the Player class - you'd need a service add-on running (basically running a loop awaiting feedback) to pull that off - it's not ideal though.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Check the playback engine linked above for an example of tracking playback time and taking action when playback stops
(2012-10-05, 06:04)Bstrdsmkr Wrote: Check the playback engine linked above for an example of tracking playback time and taking action when playback stops
I don't see a link... can you point me to it if possible?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to display partially watched icon for a ListItem via python code?0