• 90(current)
Linux HOW-TO: Automated efficient XBMC install - Ubuntu 12.10/13.04 mini based
Does is work with 14.04 too ?
Was wonder if anyone tried this on Wheezy for the RaspberyPi?
Why would someone still want to use this when there is XBMCbuntu, which is essentially the same thing (ubuntu-minimal+XBMC+sshd+smbd) but is much easier to install.
Maybe because there is no official 32bit XBMCBuntu?!
| myHTPC |
[EDIT]nevermind
(2014-09-05, 21:42)rustyx Wrote: Why would someone still want to use this when there is XBMCbuntu, which is essentially the same thing (ubuntu-minimal+XBMC+sshd+smbd) but is much easier to install.

XBMCbuntu/KodiBuntu installs a desktop manager and uses LTS Ubuntu (currently 14.04.1 LTS IIRC). These scripts are a true "minimal" install.

"essentially the same thing" != same thing
I managed to install Kodi with Ubuntu minimal with those scripts after a bit of tweaking. The only think I changed was basically renaming all xbmc occurrences to kodi in the original script and related ones. And since I'm not fetching the related ones from github but a subfolder - I replaced wget with simple cp.
Take a look at http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1878383 for details.
Here to report success. I was able to install Kodi effortlessly on latest LTS minimal Ubuntu, 14.04 if I remember correctly. I have used modified version of the script that was attached here by some excellent developer.

The only things post-install needed were:

- apt-get remove lightdm (as lightdm started first and kodi was unable to start, it had started as soon as I killall'd lightdm so I removed it altogeher)
- apt-get remove pulseaudio (hdmi audio was not working after suspend/resume before I did that)
- apt-get remove lirc (I have an rc6 remote that I had to configure without lirc - better support; exact howto is somwehere here, with ir-keytable contents and init scripts, easy as a pie).

Other that that once in couple of reboots it does not start with proper VT (console), so I have to keyboard alt+f7/f8 to switch to Kodi console. I am planning on using the chvt command within init script to fix that. We'll see.
(2012-10-23, 00:36)un1versal Wrote:
Code:
mv /etc/X11/xorg.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf.bak
wget http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=pQA9W8Bn -O /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Hi! I need to build a system with ION1 and Ubuntu Server that will be connected to a 720p (not fullHD) display. How do I need to change the modified xorg.conf for perfect 24p playback, if any change is needed at all?

Thanks!
thank you for the awesome script
Wondering if this scrip work with Krypton?
Thanks for the great post! I think I can set this up now Smile
  • 90(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO: Automated efficient XBMC install - Ubuntu 12.10/13.04 mini based11